03; the not-so-bright side

Going to another high school's party was pretty low on Rachel's to-do list.

Frankly, if she were to pinpoint exactly how low, its exact level would rank in below Hell, where she currently felt as though she was located, despite the cool night air lightly breezing past her she walked quietly along with Scott & Stiles, wishing she was anywhere but there. She'd only ended up going because Scott practically begged her to— Stiles wanted to go because the hostess was an old friend, and he was dragging Scott with him, but the aforementioned teen wolf wasn't about to go & be left chatting with random strangers once Stiles found his other friend.

So, despite her million problems (most of which were at her new home, a loft that she had still yet to see) Rachel found herself on the way to a party, regretting every choice she'd made that led her there. She was still mentally hitting herself for leaving less than a minute after Isaac woke up, using the excuse of having to drive Stiles home to get herself out of having to talk to him & never going back. The least she could have done was asked if he was okay, which he probably wasn't— but she didn't take the time to consider that before reluctantly agreeing to let Scott drag her to a stupid party.

"What?" Stiles asked, looking from Rachel to Scott.

"What do you mean, what?" Scott questioned, seeming completely confused by the question."

"I mean what & you know what." He snapped.

"What what?" Scott asked, now even more confused— as if that was even possible.

"The look on your face, moron." Rachel grumbled, rolling her eyes. "The same one I've had since you asked me to come with you. Y'know, the distinctive "I'd rather eat a bowl of wolfsbane cereal than go to a party" look."

"Exactly!"

"It's not that." Scott shrugged, playing it off. "It's just seems weird, going to a different school's party."

"True." The brunette agreed, continuing on with more valid points. "There's also the fact that my idiot brother could be executing another one of his idiot plans as we speak. Particularly, one that will get innocent people killed."

"What? Would you— God, one drink, alright?" Stiles groaned, growing annoyed. You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison, no Lydia & if you indirectly mention Isaac one more time, I'm never talking to you again. Tonight, we're moving on."

"You're right." Scott nodded, having been persuaded by Stiles' speech to give moving on a shot.

"That's right, I'm right."

"Moving on."

"Onward & upward."

"So we're just gonna pretend you're both not going to be back to chasing after the ones you really love by tomorrow? Okay." Rachel laughed dryly. They could play pretend all they wanted, but she knew for a fact that Scott wouldn't give up on Allison after a thirty-second speech from Stiles, and nor would the spastic teen simply drop all the feelings she knew he still had for Lydia. "Also, for the record, I didn't indirectly mention the person you just told me not to mention. I mentioned all the innocent people Derek if going to get killed if he continues being a reckless idiot."