36; rule breaker

Rachel was not in her right mind

She was not sure of many things, but that is one thing she was absolutely certain of. A person in their right mind did not dream of an event before it happened; nor did they go on with their day as though there had been absolutely nothing strange about it. But Rachel wasn't in her right mind, therefore, she did exactly that.

Stiles was missing. Scott had begun knocking loudly on the wall seconds after she woke, and recruited both her and Isaac for his search party. Rachel got up, insisted she was fine to assist in the search, and went to the bathroom to change. She switched her night clothes for jeans and a t-shirt, and glanced at herself in the mirror, just as she'd done before. She stared blankly at herself for a few seconds, breaking from the script of her dream by not putting her damp hair up into a ponytail.

When she turned to open the door, in the corner of her eye she saw her reflection blink.

She opened the door and left the room without looking back.

Rachel was now standing in Stiles' bedroom, half an hour later alongside Scott, Isaac, Lydia & Aiden. The room had changed significantly since Rachel climbed in the window last week; the furniture was identical, but Stiles' murder board was no longer neatly situated in the corner. Pictures and articles covered the walls, with red yarn strewn about in the style of a spider web.

It was a maze to get any more than a foot into the room with the yarn stretching from wall to wall, but every strand led to the same place. A pair of scissors that had been stabbed into Stiles' mattress served as the anchor point for the red yarn.

"He uses red for unsolved." Rachel commented, her finger brushing a trail of red yarn. It was soft, too soft for something that signified so many mysteries. Barbed wire would have been a far more accurate representative.

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden questioned. Rachel wasn't entirely sure why his presence was necessary here. She remained from voicing her dislike of him for the sake of Stiles, but didn't make an effort to hide her feelings from those who could sense them.

"Or is an unsolved case." Isaac shrugged.

"Or is the cause of all the unsolved cases." The chimera added. It looked more to her like the yarn leading from each unsolved case to Stiles was intended to signify that he wasn't a part of the cases, but instead the reason they were unsolved. It all led back to him.

"Hold on." Lydia cut in. "Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?"

"He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere, we came here to get a better scent." Scott informed her. How he didn't know Stiles' scent after all these years would forever be a mystery; Rachel would probably never forget it. He smelled like his jeep, and his jeep smelled like a smoothie consisting of oil, gasoline, french fries & cheetos. Sometimes with a hint of cheap cologne.