31; the key to keeping secrets

"Why didn't anyone ever tell me neon is so my colour?" Rachel wondered aloud, looking over the colourful designs painted on her shoulder. She had ditched her torn up tank top & instead opted to just wear her bralet, resulting in most of the paint ending up on her shoulders & back.. and stomach, and face, and chest. It had begun with smaller designs, but grew to a larger scale after the realization hit that she looked hot as hell in neon.

"Because everything is your colour."

"Can't argue with that." She mused. Rachel wasn't the type of girl to deny compliments; if someone said she looked good, she was going to agree with them because she sure as hell knew it. She was a Hale, she was extremely attractive & well aware of it— without a doubt she looked best of all in black, but neon was certainly a close second. Rachel would have to remember to buy herself a few lime crop tops. "Also, do I need glasses or is that Scott over there with a girl that's not Allison?"

Isaac followed her gaze over to the centre of the room, where Scott was standing talking to who he recognized as the infamous new girl. "That's Kira, have you met her yet?"

"Indirectly. I heard enough from Stiles to know Scott's got a crush, and I for one, am happy for him. Finally a distraction from Allison. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's one of my best friends.. But he's been like a lost puppy since she dumped him, meanwhile she's an independent woman who proves on a daily basis she doesn't need a guard dog following her around." Rachel ranted— it really wasn't the time to talk shit about Scott when he could probably (definitely) hear her, but it was either ramble about miscellaneous of risk spilling all her secrets.

She wanted to tell someone. She wanted to tell someone, anyone, more than anything— but she didn't want to cause her friends any more worry than they already had, especially not Isaac who'd just been attacked by demons. He didn't need to hear about his girlfriend predicting her own death, or the fact that she was a chimera with abilities designed to slowly turn her into a soulless monster. A random person would think she was utterly insane, and anyone who knew enough about the supernatural to understand all that she was saying would undoubtedly tell Scott or Derek.

"So," Rachel spoke again before she had the chance to fall back into the endless void that was her mind. The key to keeping secrets was distractions, and she had the perfect one standing right in front of her; not that she considered her boyfriend to be a distraction. She was always down to make out, it being a distraction from her chaotic life was merely a bonus. "I'm not really great at the whole dancing thing, I googled twerking an hour ago & it looked kinda like a seizure."

"Why don't we go outside & talk about the whole demon warrior thing?" Isaac suggested, still against the idea of keeping it a secret. It wasn't what he most wanted to talk about, but if anything he could use the topic of the Oni to hopefully find out whatever Rachel found out about her abilities, because he was damn sure at this point it was bad. Rachel wasn't herself, anyone with eyes could see that & on any other occasion he'd be totally down with the idea of pretending their problems don't exist, but when there's demons involved & Rachel is being shadier than her uncle, it's not exactly something that can be ignored.

"Why don't we stay in here & continue talking about how hot I am?" Rachel countered, raising a brow.

"Extremely hot." That was also something that couldn't be ignored. "But if you want to keep talking about you, can we start with why you're zoning out every five seconds? 'Cause it's weird & making me worried."

"If anyone should be worried, it's me." Rachel scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Here I am implying we should go to my room & make out, meanwhile you're avoiding my suggestiveness & trying to talk about our problems. When did you become me? When did I become you?"