48; far cry

Don't find me.

That's what had been traced on the window of Lydia's car. It was a trick used by Scott and Allison to communicate when they were hiding their relationship, one of which Lydia had apparently been aware of and known Allison would find and pass on, as she did. The only question was had Lydia really been the one who wrote it? Of course she had. But was she forced to?

If only scents could tell them the specifics. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't, and they were left waiting once again as Scott and Stiles followed up on another lead. Allison didn't talk to Scott for very long, but in the short time they'd spoken he told her they were in search of someone they believed to be another banshee— Meredith Walker, an Eichen House resident Stiles had met during his time there.

Scott told them he'd bring her to his house once he found her, as apparently various other people were also searching for her. Allison didn't ask. She knew he was hoping they'd be able to use her to get information about Lydia's whereabouts, even though the banshee had instructed them not to find her. Surely she couldn't have thought they'd listen.

Then again, Isaac was completely fine with listening to her. Lydia didn't want to be found? Okay, they wouldn't find her. Easy. She was a banshee after all; capable of predicting their demises. Listening to her was more than likely in their best interest. If she was telling them not to find her, it had to be because something bad would happen to them if they did.

Allison, however, wasn't convinced. She went her own way back to her apartment to talk to her dad, but it was blatantly obvious she wasn't planning on ceasing her search for Lydia. If anything, she was getting her dad to help her look instead of Rachel and Isaac because neither of them were paying attention to anything aside from each other.

That wasn't entirely true; Rachel was paying attention to the road as she drove her Porsche down the vacant street toward Scott's house. She just wasn't paying much attention before then. Could anyone blame her? Focusing on the boy she loved was a lot easier than allowing her mind to run wild with all the possible ways things could play out once the sun set and the Oni returned. They still had hours, but hours felt like minutes when it was life or death.

Rachel was on the fence about finding Lydia, to put it in the simplest of terms. She agreed with Isaac's viewpoint, and strongly believed that if Lydia didn't want them to find her, it was because something bad would happen as a result. But she also feared for Lydia's safety. Staying away kept them safe, but at what cost to her?

"I don't think Scott's gonna be there for at least an hour or so." Isaac spoke as he turned down the radio, deciding after a moment to just shut it off entirely.

"And you turned off my CD to tell me this because..?" The chimera side-eyed him. If he had've just waited for the bass drop to be over, all would've been great, fine and wonderful— but no, he turned it off right before the bass drop. "Are you implying I should go back and turn down that ominous looking dirt road into the woods so we can have sex in the back seat to pass the time? Because that's how you get murdered. I mean, the werewolves are usually the killers so we could probably avoid that trope, but have you seen the back seat of my car? I can barely fit all my groceries back there."

"I was actually thinking we could go get ice cream, but that works too."

"We are not getting ice cream while a demon is holding one of my best friends hostage!" Rachel scoffed.

"What about fries?" He questioned and she glared back at him. "I missed lunch."

"No."

Isaac frowned, falling silent for a minute before speaking again. "How far back do these seats recline?"