33; the accountant

"So, long story short, Gerard pretty much tried to get you killed & failed— as a result, you witnessed a bloodbath caused by the Oni for no apparent reason?"

Rachel was probably going to fail eleventh grade because yet again, she had opted to skip school and avoid facing her problems. Technically she wasn't avoiding them all, because two of them were standing in front of her; but these two problems she happened to dislike the least. It was safe to say Rachel was thoroughly pissed off at everyone who had authorized Derek & Peter's intervention, though most of her anger was directed at her two relatives & Isaac, who failed to warn her.

She had begun driving to school, but then slowly found herself thinking more & more about it— he had like, a bazillion chances to tell her everyone was worried about her, but he didn't."Your brother & uncle are planning an intervention" would've definitely been something she'd have liked to know, but apparently he didn't think so & for that, she was pretty agitated. The least he could have done was recommending against talking to Derek before she left for school, but he didn't so much as hint at the possibility of anything being off.

Rachel wasn't initially going to skip school, up until she texted Allison & asked if there was any more interesting stuff going on behind her back that she should know about. The Argent girl informed her that she was currently sitting through one of her dad's old hunting stories, this one involving the Oni; Rachel found interest in that immediately, seeing as how the demon warriors had pretty much tried to murder her, by the sounds of things.

Allison explained that Isaac was supposed to be coming over in half an hour to help concoct a plan about what to do, and Rachel was quick to encourage her to cancel those plans. Partly because she wanted to avoid him, and partly because he was closer to failing than she was— what the hell was he doing skipping school again? Rachel wanted to be mad at him, and she very much was mad at him, but she also cared about him successfully graduating high school & having a life after Beacon Hills, even if she wasn't going to.

"Not exactly." Argent replied to her shortened summary of his story.

Rachel continued before he had the chance to explain what part she had gotten incorrect. "Okay, long story slightly less short, Gerard tried to kill you & failed, as a result you witnessed a bloodbath caused by the Oni because they wanted to kill the kumicho for some unknown reason? In mythology Oni seek out evil in humanity, and deal out punishments. I guess they were punishing him for being in the Yakuza? We can always summon Enma, the Buddhist God of Hell & ask him. 'Cause that's who the Oni serve. At least, they do according to Wikipedia. The Oni were technically only mentioned in the books I read, I was curious so I Googled them— I do that with pretty much everything books don't fully address. I don't like loose ends."

"I don't think the Oni are here to deal out punishments." Allison chimed in, recalling how the Oni hadn't seemed intent on harming anyone. They fought back when attacked, and moved those who were in their way, but they didn't seem to seek conflict.