26; devilment

"Stiles, I swear to God this better be important because I literally ran all the way here

"Stiles, I swear to God this better be important because I literally ran all the way here." Rachel announced as she pushed open the door of the boys' locker room, her eyes glowing a bright blue in the pitch darkness. Her breathing was still heavy from her long journey, the girl having ran for close to an hour straight after she'd turned on her phone to see a grand total of seventeen texts from Stiles, the last one being that it was an emergency & they needed her help as soon as possible.

She tried to call him, but it went straight to voicemail; leading her to spam him with texts in return. All she'd gotten as a response was "meet me at the school, boys locker room" & she was seriously hoping it wasn't another episode of night school featuring a game of cat & mouse with a bloodthirsty alpha.

"Stiles?" She called again, hearing rattling over around the lockers. She turned a corner & found him with ease, a flashlight in his hand illuminating the space around him. Her eyes dimmed back to a more human colour, making her angered expression more noticeable. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Setting up a prank for Coach, here, hold this." Stiles muttered, handing her the flashlight as he reached into the locker. He retrieved two large rolls of wallpaper, one floral printed & the other psychedelic. "Floral or rainbow?"

"Stiles, you told me it was an emergency." Rachel narrowed her eyes at him, the blue glow beginning to faintly return. "I was three hours away, and I made it here in less than an hour on foot. I thought you were in trouble."

"It is an emergency! I can't decide which wallpaper to cover Coach's office in." Stiles waved the two rolls of wallpaper, seeing nothing all that wrong with what he'd done. Rachel had never wanted to kill him more than she did in this moment. "Which one do you think he'd like best?"

She grabbed the two rolls & shredded them with her claws, tearing two long gashes down each & rendering them nothing more than a useless puzzle. "I know what I would like best, and that's to stuff you in this locker & leave you here until someone finds you. What I was doing was important, dumbass, and I left it all because I thought something bad was happening here. Why couldn't you have called Scott or Isaac to help you with your stupid prank?"

"Scott's asleep & Isaac's... Isaac." Stiles shrugged. "What were you doing three hours away?

"Helping a mercenary rescue Derek & Peter from hunters. They were searching for something left over from the fire, Peter overheard some hunters talking when he was doing his usual lurking & he dragged Derek along to find it, The hunters got to them before they could even get close, but we were going back for it— I left before I had the chance to find out if they found it." Rachel leaned back against the metal lockers & let out a long sigh. "It was about my mom, Stiles."

"Oh." He mumbled, now feeling rather awkward & insensitive. It would have been significantly more effective if she had've led with that instead of just telling him she was getting Derek & Peter away from hunters— that was the usual. Then again,  no one had believed her that they were in fact being held captive in the first place, so she had a multitude if reasons to be upset. "Sorry."