44; cold

Rachel didn't know how much had time had gone by when she finally awoke from her dreamless state of unconsciousness

Rachel didn't know how much had time had gone by when she finally awoke from her dreamless state of unconsciousness. Being trapped in nothing but complete darkness with absolutely no concept of time or awareness always managed to feel like either twenty seconds or twenty hours, and in this case, it was definitely a toss up.

Everything looked the same as it had before she'd been sedated, aside from her restraints— they'd all been removed, giving her freedom to move as she pleased. Though it seemed that freedom came with quite the price, as she attempted to sit upright. Whatever she'd been given was still heavily affecting her and had demolished any strength she previously had. Not only that, she was painfully dizzy and nearly fell back unconscious when she sat up too quickly.

It was wolfsbane, no doubt. It was always wolfsbane. She didn't know of any other easily attainable & liquefiable substance that could debilitate a werewolf so easily, and since Rachel had presented herself as a werewolf, that's how they treated her. Like a werewolf. That needed to be kept locked up.

She didn't belong here.

No matter how many people, demons, and voices screaming in the void told her that she did, she wouldn't believe them. Rachel had done a lot of things she wasn't proud of, but she'd done them all with her heart in the right place. Everything she did was for a reason. She only hurt people who deserved to be hurt, and she only killed people who deserved to die. She was certainly no Scott McCall, she made mistakes— some of which were unforgivable, but she didn't deserve this.

Everyone made mistakes.

The road to Hell was paved with good intentions, after all. What else did mistakes start with, if not good intentions? That's how Rachel had always remembered hers beginning. She intended on saving a life, yet somehow ended up taking one instead; she intended on helping, but only made everything worse. She came to Eichen House with the intention of learning how to save a life, and the only thing she'd done was end hers.

That was the truth. She ended her life as she knew it by coming to Eichen House. She wasn't going to get out of there, and there was no way any of her friends or family could come and help her, either. The only person who knew she was there was Peter, and even if he did tell, it wouldn't matter.

Rachel remembered the faintest blue glow that emitted from around her hands as she slammed on the door out of the closed unit; she hadn't noticed it in her hysteric state, nor had she been able to think of it whilst fighting her restraints. But now that she was left alone to herself, trapped in a small room with nothing but her own thoughts, it was the only thing left to think about.

Mountain ash. Of course a unit designed specifically to house supernatural creatures would be lined in mountain ash. It was the only thing that could contain nearly every supernatural in existence. Rachel no longer knew how the hell she was unable to pass it if she was nothing more than the Dread Doctors' science experiment gone wrong, but it didn't matter. She'd never find out, anyway.