08; violent creatures

Happiness was not something Rachel Hale experienced often

Happiness was not something Rachel Hale experienced often. So when she finally did get it, she wasn't going to let it pass by quickly— even if said happiness only lasted a minute, she was going to live in that minute for as long as humanly possible.

By the time they'd gone back to the loft, it was 8am. By the time the two betas had woken up, it was 8pm. Running around the woods all night had proven to be tiring for them, but not for Rachel, who hadn't slept at all— except for a few minutes in the car. She couldn't sleep, even now knowing that her sister was safe. She had so many questions for her.

"How did you get out? Why didn't you come find us? Did you think we were dead? Where have you been living all these years? How did you even survive on your own when you were ten?" The questions she rambled off as soon as her twin awoke were seemingly endless, but the girl was more than happy to answer them all.

"I got out through a window. A support beam fell down & blocked it a minute later, no one else was with me that I know of. I thought you came home, I heard people outside. I thought it was you & Derek & Laura— I assumed all of you got blocked in with everyone else. I thought you died." Cora explained, obviously pained by the memories— her descriptions were vague, leading Rachel to believe she'd purposely been trying to forget for the years she'd been gone; just like she had. "As soon as I got out, I saw the hunters so I ran & never looked back. I hitchhiked to the border, where I stayed for awhile before I met a pack. I followed them to South America where I've been ever since, until I heard about Derek."

"We didn't come home until the house was practically in ashes. It was Kate." Rachel had told her, just now realizing that the girl was completely unaware of everything that'd gone down. She didn't know Laura was dead, or that Peter had been the one to kill her— but Rachel was going to make sure she did, so she didn't make the mistake of trusting him. "Kate Argent. Peter slashed her throat, right after he hunted & killed everyone who helped her."

"Peter's alive?"

Rachel nodded. "He was in a coma for 6 years. He started waking up on full moons, and with the help of his lunatic nurse, he lured Laura back to Beacon Hills & killed her for the alpha power. With that, he managed to heal fully & then went around enacting his plan of revenge, before we eventually caught him— Derek killed him, but he used one of my friends to resurrect himself."

"Is he—"

"A psychopath? Yes. We hate him. Please be mean to him. We're trying to get him to leave us alone, he's really clingy."

"I heard that!" Peter shouted from the other room, where he was watching Netflix on Rachel's laptop. Derek had left to drive Boyd home, and Isaac wouldn't talk to him— therefore he was out of options for entertainment. Rachel left her laptop on the coffee table; he assumed it was free for use.