46; famous last words

Being hit in the face with a pillow wasn't how Rachel expected to wake up, but compared to how she'd woken the last few days, she'd never been happier. She was mildly confused, which escalated to moderately confused upon finding out she was sleeping on the floor— it was still comfier than her bed in Eichen House.

"Rachel?" Allison's voice startled her, even more when it was accompanied by the sound of metal rattling. "Rachel?"

Rachel shot up, wide awake. Her blue eyes flickered red without a thought, and her senses heightened to that of an alpha werewolf's, but she calmed down almost instantly when she saw the source of the metallic noise. "Why'd you chain your feet to the bed?"

"I didn't." Allison deadpanned, looking unimpressed. "Did you?"

"Two sets of basic handcuffs, both of which you can open in under a minute with the bobby pin on your bedside table.. you caught me." Rachel remarked, holding her hands up in surrender. "Don't insult me."

Allison had already picked one of the locks and was working on the other. "Sorry.. but if you didn't, who did?"

"Maybe it's one of your dad's weird tests? Like the one where he got another hunter to kidnap you." The chimera asked, yawning. Allison's alarm clock read just after nine a.m, but it felt like Rachel had only slept for an hour, maximum.

"No." Allison shook her head, undoing the second cuff. She placed the bobby pin back on her table, and turned towards her vanity to return the cuffs to the duffel bag she kept her weapons in, but froze when she saw it wasn't there. "My bag's missing."

"Bag as in purse or bag as in arsenal?" The look on Allison's face said it all. "Oh boy."

"I need to tell my dad." She moved to get up, but Rachel stopped her.

"Wait, let me see if there's a scent first." The chimera stated. Scents didn't linger very long without something to latch on to— be it a carpet or blanket, but being that it had to have been in the past ten hours, traces would hopefully still remained. None were foreign, though. "I'm only getting familiar scents. Me, you, your dad, Scott & Isaac, but Scott & Isaac would've set off the alarm."

Allison fell silent. She looked.. worried.

"What?" Rachel furrowed her brows.

"I gave Isaac the alarm code." The huntress informed her, her face pale. "He kept setting it off every time you or Scott sent him to check on me, so I- I gave him the code."

It took a minute for her words to fully resonate with the chimera. Even though it was blatantly obvious with everything she'd said last night, the inability to believe prevented the realization from hitting her until it was the only logical explanation left.

"He wasn't just talking about killing the twins." Rachel mumbled, feeling sick. Partially because she was still starving, but mostly because her boyfriend was premeditating murder. "Call Scott."

The huntress nodded, not saying another word before dialling the werewolf— his phone rang a few times, as it never did, but right before she was about to lose hope it picked up. A sigh of relief escaped her lips.

"..Scott's phone?" A nervous sounding female voice spoke on the line.

Rachel raised a brow, about to question but Allison held up a hand signalling for her to remain quiet. "Kira?"

"Yeah, sorry, um, Scott's downstairs waiting for Stiles, I'll go get him." The kitsune said. Scott had left his phone on his table, and Kira didn't feel all that comfortable answering it for him, but she didn't want him to miss anything important. She could hear multiple people moving around downstairs, indicating that the expected company had arrived— meaning if it was something important, it would end up waiting, and important things shouldn't wait. She wasn't overstepping, right?