19; state of emergency

"I told you, I'm fine." Rachel snapped for the fifteenth time, glaring daggers at Isaac who'd asked a grand total of thirteen times. The other two had been Allison & her father, who Rachel had chosen to stay with whilst Scott & Stiles searched for Derek & Lydia was taken to a hospital downtown. Rachel was encouraged to go with her, but refused; no hospital could help her. If she wasn't healing from her own injuries, it was because Cora wasn't healing.

"You don't look fine." He repeated the answer he'd given each & every time she attempted to ensure him she was fine for the time being.

"Because I'm not, you idiot! I feel like my head could explode at any given moment & I think Lydia shattered one of my eardrums, but I can't afford to focus on either of those right now because my sister isn't healing. She's getting worse, I can feel it, and no one will answer my fucking phone calls."

"Why didn't you go with Scott & Stiles?"

"Scott & Stiles went to find Derek. Derek is not at the hospital with Cora." Rachel deadpanned, leaning against Argent's car as she began to feel dizzy once again. She had almost fallen a few minutes ago, and if it happened again she doubted anyone would let her go anywhere alone— which was exactly what she planned to do. "And before you ask, I didn't go with Lydia because they weren't taking her to Beacon Memorial, and according to the text I got while Lydia was being strangled, Cora is at Beacon Memorial. I need Argent to drive me there."

"Wait, why wouldn't they take her to Beacon Memorial?" Isaac questioned, taking a step closer to her as he noticed the way she seemed to struggle to stay upright. Rachel was in more pain than she was willing to admit, and it was really starting to show. "That's the closest."

"It's being evacuated because of the storm." Rachel told him, taking out her phone & pulling up the news report. "They're saying it's gonna get really bad."

"I overheard an EMT saying the backup generators might be too old to last if the power goes out." Allison chimed in as she overheard the last bit of their conversation. She had been over talking to her dad before, but as that concluded she'd opted to check in on Rachel.

"I'm taking the three of you home." Argent announced as he walked over, no longer conversing with the authorities regarding the pianist that'd been killed during the concert. Another sacrifice, another person they couldn't save— another failure.

Rachel shook her head. "I have to get to the hospital."

"We have to get to the hospital." Isaac corrected. "Cora's there with just Peter."

Argent hesitated for a moment, but as the school lights behind them flickered into darkness, he decided it was for the better. "I'll drive."

If Rachel weren't on the verge of dropping dead, she definitely would have been more wary of the former hunter's offer, but this time, she didn't think twice before getting into the car. Allison sat in the front with her father, whilst Isaac was in the back with Rachel— she wasn't all that pleased with the arrangement, being that she was certain he'd ask if she was okay at least five additional times on the drive, but she didn't bother arguing.

"Are you okay?" This time he asked it as he noticed it was a struggle for her to get the seat belt across her waist; the small bit of strength needed to pull it was a lot for her in her current state, but she managed.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" Rachel asked him, changing the subject from her wellbeing to that of something Jennifer Blake had implanted in her mind— you'll figure it out once your friends stop lying to you. Which friends? Scott & Stiles? Isaac & Allison? Or all of them? Rachel hadn't been able to hear all that well, but she had been listening to the woman's heart when she spoke & it didn't skip, meaning she wasn't lying. She could have been exaggerating to some degree, but there was some truth behind what she said & it made Rachel question everything.