18; dysfunctional masterpiece

"Allison."

Rachel's voice was shaky, noticeably even only in the one word. The entire drive to the school she'd been getting increasingly nervous, and she couldn't tell why— it was understandable to feel panicked & a sense of time running out, but that was far from all she felt. She couldn't sit still, not even for a second. Even her hands were as cold as ice & starting to faintly shake.

"This doesn't feel right." Rachel continued as she hurried after Allison towards the entrance of the school. Chris Argent followed after them, a little way back as he stopped to sort out some things in the trunk of his vehicle. Presumably weapons. "I think someone's going to die."

"I think that's a given." Allison looked back at her, not slowing in pace.

"Okay, let me rephrase that." Rachel grumbled, jogging for a second to catch up with her friend. Allison was taller than her & that apparently made her more capable of speed walking rather than jogging, whilst Rachel was forced to give in & jog. She wasn't good at speed walking; she either lazily strolled, or sprinted for her life. There was no in between. "I don't feel right."

"What's wrong?" The huntress questioned, slowing slightly as she noticed Rachel struggling to keep up without running.

"I don't know, I just—" she paused, scratching at something behind her ear until it felt like she was about to make it bleed. "Bloody hell, I hate mosquitoes. Ugh, I really don't know, okay? I just feel like there's something wrong— my heart's racing, and it won't slow down. The entire drive here all I could hear was my heart pounding in my chest, and my head hurts like hell."

"Is it Cora?" Allison asked her as she walked in through the open front door; it'd been propped open to welcome in the family members & friends of the choir performing tonight. She stopped once inside, giving Rachel a chance to calm down a little as she'd begun to notice the girl was in fact on the panicked side.

"No, not entirely. Not that I can tell." Rachel shrugged, the warmth of the school hallway a nice change from the cool night air. It was getting into fall, and the temperatures were starting to drop at night. "I don't know how to describe it. It feels like I could pass out, but at the same time I have more energy than Stiles after half a bottle of Adderall. I want to go somewhere quiet, make all the noise go away, but I also kinda want to scream. I guess the headache is Cora's, but I don't know, this isn't how it felt earlier. Something's different."

"Supernatural different?" A voice piped in, the two girls who'd been stopped in the centre of the hallway each spinning around to see Isaac leaning against a wall, very obviously listening to everything she'd said. Rachel was so distracted by her deteriorating condition that she hadn't even noticed him.

"Is there any other kind of different?" She remarked. It wasn't like her problems could be caused by a head cold or case of the flu; if something was wrong with her, then it was most definitely supernatural & probably linked with whatever was happening to her sister. But Rachel wasn't so sure. Something was different, not just now. Something had been different for awhile now, and Rachel just neglected to acknowledge it.

She was different, her abilities were different.

Things were coming easier, she didn't have to renew reflections in order to maintain them. She could reflect anyone, human or werewolf, no concentration required & control wasn't an uphill battle. Instead of being two broken pieces, constantly fighting for control, she & her abilities were more like one functional being; she used them like her claws. She fought an alpha, she became an alpha & so on. She didn't think twice about reflecting the way she used to, it became an instinct.