27; dead silent

"So, let me get this straight

"So, let me get this straight. A psychopath who detonated a bomb on a school bus & killed four kids was transported from Eichen House to the hospital for a surgery. A psychopath who has repeatedly claimed if he ever escapes the nut house, he will bomb another bus & this time he'll "get it right" as if killing four wasn't enough." Rachel narrowed her eyes into slits as she stared at Stiles, her words a simplified repetition of the spiel he had given moments before. "He needed a surgery to remove a piece of shrapnel.. from the bomb he detonated.."

"Yes, that's what I just said." Stiles nodded, his tone dry.

"Why the hell were doctors working to save him?" Rachel gaped, unable to believe doctors would dedicated their time & resources to save a psychopath. If a terminal illness were to have a heartbeat & the ability to speak, it would call itself William Barrow— he was a walking plague with the sole intent of one day escaping Eichen House & killing more people. He deserved to die even more than the hunter Rachel had remorselessly killed just a day prior. "He's psycho. You know what they do to dogs when they go psycho? They put 'em down."

"He's also not a dog." Isaac pointed out unnecessarily. It didn't matter that Barrow wasn't a dog, he still very much deserved to be put down than saved. If they had've let him rot in a box at the psych ward, he never would have magically escaped the hospital & caused the school to go on lockdown. Technically they weren't on actual lockdown, as that would consist of hiding in classrooms & pretending they weren't there— but no one was allowed to leave the property or come onto it until the school day was over. And the campus was crawling with cops.

"You aren't either, but need I remind you of the time someone tried to put you down because of an accident? We're talking about someone who bombed a bunch of kids. Intentionally." Apparently Rachel was the only one in the group who believed that warranted a death sentence. "Barrow went after kids who he thought had glowing eyes, right? Kids like Scott, Isaac, Aiden, Ethan & me. We can survive a lot of things, but bombs? It's pretty hard to heal when you're in multiple pieces. If I find Barrow, the only one who'll end up in multiple piece is him."

"Easier said than done, Rae." Stiles muttered. "No one knows if he's even here, but if he is, we don't know what he can do. No one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumour full of live flies, which in any other circumstance would be all kinds of awesome."

"No circumstance would make that anything other than disgusting." Rachel cringed at the thought, trying not to envision what it would have looked like. "And there's no fly based supernatural creatures, Stiles. I suppose something incorporeal could compress itself into the form of a fly, but I highly doubt a swarm. Barrow's just a dirtbag. So, who wants to help me find & kill him?"

"Did you say flies?" Lydia questioned before anyone had the chance to join Rachel's homicide squad.

Rachel furrowed her brows. Was the banshee in need of hearing aids? "Like three times."