X

A Month Later...

Mariah.

"Mariah hurry yo ass up! We ready to watch the movie." Bryson yelled at me through the phone making me roll my eyes.

"Bryson quit yelling at me, I am on the way. I went to get food for you savages so y'all wouldn't be hungry especially since they're with your non-cooking ass, the kids would have been doomed."

Bryson should know by now not to come for me because I always snap back.

He paused, "You're right. And I'm sorry for yelling, I'm just not myself when I'm hungry."

I laughed loudly, "Yeah, I know you barbarian. What's my baby doing anyways?"

"Which one?"

I sucked my teeth, "Bryson."

"Oh well shit, I'm talking to you then."

I blushed slightly, "I was definitely talking about Micah."

"Oh yeah, he waiting on his slow ass mama like me."

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up and quit talking to me while I'm driving before I crash."

"Alright chump, hurry up."

"Okay ugly." I laughed.

"WAIT!" Bryson yelled just as I was about to hang up.

"What?!" I asked.

He paused for awhile like he was listening for something,
"Is that my song that I hear?" He asked and I can just hear the smile that has formed on his face.

I paused too and I realized that it was Bryson's song that I was playing through the aux cord.

Just last week he released this single called, "Just Another Interlude."

And it's already a chart topper.

Honestly it's like one of my favorite songs too but I won't tell him that because his head is already big as it. Like seriously, look at him.

Right now he's working on his debut album Trap$oul and one thing I have learned about Bryson in the short time that we've known each other is that he literally never sleeps. And I love that about him. He's such a hard worker & definitely a perfectionist. He is always in the studio whenever he has the chance and drops music as soon as he gets it perfect and I understand completely.

The ladies love him.

I rolled my eyes, "The radio is playing it." I lied.

He laughed, "Sure it is."

"Bye Bryson." I said hanging up in his face.

I swear he irks my soul like no one else does.

The past month has been amazing to me. My job is great, I signed Micah up for a Little Tots basketball team at a nearby recreational center, I made new friends at my job, Bri is still one of the craziest people I know and has become my best friend, and Bryson and I have gotten pretty close. When he can he picks Micah up for me after school and I do the same for Harley when I get off early and when the both of us are busy, Bri gets them.

Today was Friday and we started having movies nights every Friday, this week Micah chose the movie and that was the Avengers.

Typical Micah.

I got home in about 15 minutes and hurriedly went to my place to get comfortable.

I changed into my Batman tank top and pajama pants with fluffy socks and slippers to match.