LII

Mariah.

I got off of work early today since we're going out of town tomorrow for this big photo shoot.

On the other hand, Bryson is getting home really late today. Which is why he forced me to stay at his place.

So since it's Wednesday, I will be picking up Harley.

I need to talk to Lena anyways.

Before picking up Micah from school and dropping him off at the Rec Center, I decided to call my dad back.

Micah's first game is next Friday and it saddens me that Bryson won't be here. He's sad about it too but Bryson made him promise to call him so he can tell him all about it.

When my dad answered on the second ring, I immediately pouted.

"Daddy..." I cooed.

"Yes?" I could hear the humor in his voice.

I sighed, "I'm sorry."

"All is forgiven princess."

"It shouldn't be, I'm a bad noodle." I whined.

He laughed, "No you're not."

"Yes I am. I hung up on you when you were trying to talk to me and I was being defiant. But I can't help it... she just makes me so mad daddy and I just... ugh." I expressed in the best way I could.

I have a tattoo on my left hip which is

mind
_____
matter

and I definitely wasn't thinking about it when my father and Bryson was talking to me.

"I know she does. You got all that pent up anger in you but you'll feel a lot better once you talk to her."

I sighed, "I know. That's what Bryson said."

He chucked lightly, "Good."

I furrowed my eyebrows but shrugged it off.

"How'd she even get in contact with you? I thought you blocked her number years ago."

"I did. But she got a new number. She called once and I answered, but once I realized who it was, I hung up. She started calling for months until Diana answered and, being the mediator she is, forced me to talk to her."

I laughed.

That sounds like Miss Di, she hates drama and chaos. And she's so sweet, literally whenever her and my dad gets into an argument, which is rare, she's over it in like three minutes.

My dad continued, "So I talked to her and she told me that she wants to see you and your sister and a lot of other stuff that's not for me tell but lemme just say... karma is very real."

Ain't that the truth.

I nodded, taking everything in, "I hear you daddy, I do. But like I told Bryson, I'm gonna need some time to think about it."

"That's understandable, take your time."

I lightly rubbed a hand down my face, "I'll call Maya later about it."

"That's if she gets a signal, she's in Florence right now."

My eyes widened, "Wow. Italy?"