LXII

"so give me all of you and exchange me. just give me all of you in exchange for me..."

Mariah.

2 Months Later...

Today is finally the fucking day I get to see my baby!

Bryson is coming home today and I couldn't be more excited!

And you know I had to look my best.

I had on a dress that hugs my curves perfectly that I bought especially for this occasion.

I had natural looking extensions added to my hair and my face beat by Bri.

Sexy? Nah.

Feeling myself wasn't even the words for how I was feeling right now.

And what's even more perfect is he didn't miss Micah's birthday.

He's coming home a week before and because Harley wasn't here for her birthday I already know he's about to go all out.

Him and Lena did go down there to celebrate but they just wanna be extra.

Life could not be any better right now.

Bryson just doesn't know,
how good imma treat him tonight...

I've waited so damn long.

Bri is gonna keep Micah after she's picks Bryson and Swan from the airport and Harley doesn't come back until Sunday because Bri and Bryson wants us to have some alone time.

And trust me, we're gonna need it.

I made a bomb ass T-Bone steak dinner with bacon wrapped shrimp, baked potatoes, sautéed asparagus and garlic bread.

Oh and strawberries, whipped cream, and me for dessert.

I know he's gonna appreciate how I got cute and slaved over a stove for him and I can't wait for him to show me.

I was getting soaked just thinking about it.

Now all I had to do was to wait.

She went to go pick them up about 20 minutes ago so I sat in the kitchen sipping wine while listening to Just So You Know by Chris Brown.

We talked a few times after the shoot so I guess we're pretty cool.

He texted me earlier today actually asking if I could babysit sometime next week.

I was shocked that he asked me but he explained that I was his only hope and he knows I know how to take care of children because of my son.

The amount of money he's paying me, I gladly accepted.

I would've accepted without the money though, Royalty is adorable.

20 more minutes has passed and by now I was standing having a full blown concert in the kitchen, loudly blaring At Your Best by Frank Ocean while using a wooden spoon as a microphone.

Leave it to the Ocean to get you in your feelings because it's that deep.

My concert was cut short when I heard knocking at my door.

I paused trying to see if I was going crazy.

When I heard more knocks I could not stop the wide smile that grew on my face.

I damn near ran to the door and when I seen him standing there my emotions took over.

"Baby!" I cheered.

I jumped on him clinging to him tightly while kissing him all over his face.

"I missed you so much." I said trying to kiss his lips but he moved his head.

"Mariah, stop." He said pushing me away.

I deeply frowned, "But why?"

He shrugged, "We can't."

I looked around, "...Can't what?"

"We can't be together." Bryson said with a serious face.

It's like as soon he said those words someone had scratched the record and my heart stopped beating.

I stood there waiting for him to say that he was playing so he could cry his eyes out with laughter and I be pissed with him.

Because he has to be joking, right?

But that moment didn't come...

"W-What?" I managed to breathe out.

He sighed and rubbed a hand down his face, "Look Mariah, it's not you, it's me. Just know it's for the best of us."

This has to be a horrible, horrible dream...

I shook my head, "Bryson... I-I don't understand. What exactly are you saying? Are you playing right now?" I asked, though I was dreading what would come out his mouth.

He stared at me with an unreadable expression before pulling me closer and grabbing my face.

He kissed my cheek and rubbed it before shaking his head and looking back at me,

"I'm not playing. What I'm saying is whatever we had," he motioned between me and him, "It's done. We can't do this anymore,
Bryson and Mariah are over."

So this is real.

"Bryson... please don't do this." I said barely above a whisper as silent tears ran down my face. "You told me you loved me, did you mean it?"

He paused for a long time before saying, "I'm sorry."

I stared at him in utter shock thinking he was going to say something else but he didn't.

He gave me no explanation to why he shattered my heart.

Nothing at all.

After that he simply left and took my heart with him...

— • — • — • — • — • — • — • —

yes, this is the final chapter of this book.

don't ask me why I ended it like this, I'll explain everything in the Author's Note.

it's been real guys and I know some of you are pissed lmao but trust, it's all out of love.

but omg guys, guess who I saw!

I saw Issa twice in a week lmao.

It turns out he actually lives by me so I thought that was dope.

maybe that's a sign we need to be friends...

He had Isa and his little one with him too. 😩

he's really sweet and beautiful 😍 in person.

he took a picture with us in the middle of the store lmao.

very humble and nice guy tho. his girlfriend is a lucky gal. *sighs*

once again don't delete this book, Final Author's Note is coming up!