XXXIV

Bryson.

After I smoked I was on the phone with Lena for a little while. But I'm not really a phone person so eventually I told her to come over.

In a matter of minutes she was over here and she looked good too.
And she was glowing.

That's strange...

"Good God Bryson, look at your eyes." She said grabbing my face.

I laughed lowly, "You look good Lena."

She tucked in her lips, "Thank you." She said going to sit on the couch.
A few seconds later, I joined her

"So wassup Mr. I Don't Like Talking On The Phone?" She smiled.

I eyed her before shrugging.

"Nothing, I just wanted company."

She rolled her eyes, "Typical. Where's Mariah?"

"At work."

"So did y'all finally admit that y'all like each other?" She raised her eyebrows.

I slightly smiled, "Yeah, that's my baby."

She smiled too, "Awww! See I told you but I'm happy for you, Bryson really."

"Thank you... I gotta ask you a question though."

She nodded, "Alright."

"You still love me?"

Her eyes widened, "Um... wow. I mean of course-"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "So why didn't you fight for me? Am I not good enough?"

She sighed, "Bryson... no you're amazing. I've just done way too much damage and I knew you wouldn't take me back so my best bet was to let you go and move on. But now look, you got a girl that can make you happy more than I ever did."

I carelessly shrugged and nodded.

She stared at me for a minute, "Why'd you ask?"

"I wanted to know."

She nodded as I stared at her up and down. Her thighs got thicker, her hair got longer, and her hips got wider.

I bit my bottom lip trying to control myself.

I couldn't...

I scooted closer to her and grabbed a strand of her straightened hair, "Aye Lena..."

"Yes Bryson?"

"Remember that one time I fucked you on the counter and you hit your head on the cabinet." I smirked.

She laughed, "Oh my God, yes. My head was hurting for a damn week. If only yo ass wasn't so rough." She rolled her eyes.

I chuckled, "I made up for it though."

She nodded, "That you did."

I smiled and eyed her again.

"Lena, why you glowing?"

She shrugged and looked at herself,
"I have no idea."

I nodded slowly, "Well it looks good on you." I said moving my hand from her hair to her thigh.

Her breathing hitched making me smirk.

I still got that effect on her.

We made eye contact and I started leaning in to kiss her but she moved back.

I opened my eyes, "What are you doing?"

"Me? What are you doing?" She countered.

I smirked, "You already know what I'm tryna do."