XVI

"your love is a one eight seven, taking me to heaven..."

Bryson.

After I woke Harley up we played for hours until I got her to go back to sleep, which was fucking hard because I gave her some cookies.

Why?
Because I'm a sucker for Little Tiller.

Once she was sound asleep, I texted Mariah to see if she was still up.

— you up meatball? 11:07 pm

Meatball 😻 : yeah.. the door is unlocked. 11:11 pm

I smiled as I threw on a grey v-neck and grabbed my pre-rolled blunt.

When I got down there I expected to see Mariah already on the balcony waiting for me but instead I found her in the kitchen with messy hair and red puffy eyes, playing around in a bowl of strawberry ice cream.

She has been crying,
and the sight of instantly had me on edge.

"Mariah?" I spoke out, breaking the uncomfortable silence. I know she knows that I was standing there but she didn't dare make eye contact.

She sniffled and slowly looked up at me giving a weak smile.

"Hey Bryson. You wanna talk?" She whispered, her voice cracking as she tried to stand up.

I gently pushed down her shoulder, making her sit back down.

"Not anymore, I want you to tell me what's wrong with you." I said sitting next to her, firmly grabbing her hand caressing it.

A few tears fell before she quickly wiped them off giving me another weak smile, "Nothing's wrong Bryson. Come on, let's go talk." She said attempting to pull me up again.

I moved my hand to her face, getting some of her hair out of the way.

"Mariah, why you crying?" I asked softly, really hoping she would tell me.

And God, please don't let it be cause of a nigga cause I swear he would've just started World War 6.

She was silent for awhile playing in the ice cream until her bottom lip started trembling and she was bawling her eyes out.

Her head instantly dropped down to her hands as she cried her heart out.

I have never seen Mariah like this before, not even close to it so I'm kinda in panic mode right now. The sight is killing me and it's even worse because I don't why she's in so much pain, but I know I will do anything to just to ease it.

I finally decided to stop being an idiot and picked her placing her in my lap. Instantly her arms clinged around my neck as she sobbed into my shoulder.

I rubbed her back slowly, trying to calm her.

"Baby girl, can you please stop crying?" I whispered in her ear.

She shook her head no and continued to sob.

Eventually her crying died down, she didn't stop but she was calm now.

"I miss him, Bryson..." She said out of nowhere.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Miss who?"

"Messiah." She quietly said.

I didn't say anything as I let our thoughts linger.

Eventually Mariah fell asleep in my arms and I just stared at her.
It's sound creepy I know, but my heart goes out to this girl right now.

I don't even know who Messiah is but whoever they are I hope they're hurting just as much as she is right now.

I carefully picked her up bridal style and carried her upstairs to her bedroom.

That's how you know her is ass really tired cause she didn't even wake up.

She murmured a little but stayed asleep.

I took off my now damp shirt, throwing it over my shoulder as I leaned down and moved her hair out her face.

You never know what someone is going through man.

And I'm really bothered at the fact, I couldn't read into her.

Such an idiot, Bryson.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I kissed her forehead.

As I walked out and closed the door to her room, I heard a little voice call my name.

I turned around and it was Micah standing there with a worried face while in his Superman pajamas.

My eyes widened in surprised as I walked over to him and leaned down to his size.

"What's up little man?" I asked quietly.

"Is mommy okay?" He sadly asked.

He must've heard her crying.

I gave him a reassuring smile and nodded, "Yeah, she's gonna be okay. Your mommy's really strong."

He nodded, "I know. She's Wonderwoman." He said seriously.

I laughed and nodded, "Yeah, she is but go and get some sleep. You gotta be up early in the morning."

"Okay." He hugged me, "Bye Bryson."

I hugged him back, "Bye Micah, I'll see you tomorrow lil dude."

He let go and nodded but instead of going back to his room he went and opened the door to Mariah's room.

I peeked in as I watched him climb into her bed and cuddling up to her before closing his eyes too.

I smiled as I closed her door.

That shit was cute as hell honestly. Shit, made me wanna go wake up Harley and tell her I love her a thousand times.

But I won't, I messed up her sleeping schedule enough already.

When I got home all I could think about is Mariah. I tried not to worry but what I saw was a women reaching her breaking point. And there ain't no turning back from that.

As I said my prayers that night, I added an extra long prayer for Mariah asking for God to watch over her, heal her, and to save her for me.

I don't want to pressure her into talking to me because I know damn well she's not going want to talk about what happened tomorrow. Either way she's gonna tell me, she has to.

I have to know what made her break down like that.

And I definitely gotta cheer my baby up tomorrow.

— • — • — • — • — • —

okay. I lied, I couldn't resist. 😇 this is a really short chapter though.

but I'm frfr this time, next update will be next week.

anyways, have y'all heard "187" by Bryson Tiller ? Bryson is nassssty. 😳