XXXII

thank you all for all the birthday wishes! y'all made my day real special fr, I really appreciate it! 💖

Mariah.

As we drove to In N' Out, Bryson was completely silent... clearly showing that he has a attitude; I don't why though. When he parked he quickly tried to get out but I stopped him.

"B-Bear." I said softly.

He ignored me.

"Bry."

Still ignored.

"Bryson."

He sucked his teeth, "What Mariah?"

"What did I do?" I asked.

"You didn't do anything." He said blankly.

"Then why are you being mean?What's wrong?"

He sighed, "Nothing."

I rolled my eyes, "Bryson seriously. What's wrong?"

He paused for a long time before saying something that caught me completely off guard,

"Are you tryna play me?"

My eyes widened, "What?"

"Answer the question."

"Bryson no, what is-"

"Are you tryna fuck me over?"

I stared at him confused as he looked straight ahead.

I shook my head, "Oh yeah, because I love to waste everyone's time and hurt people who've already been through enough."

He sucked his teeth and ignored me again.

"Bryson, where the hell is all of this coming from?"

He paused again before saying, "I don't like that nigga."

I raised my eyebrows, "Who? Omar?"

"No, Terry Crews." He said smartly.

I laughed, "So you're telling me... you're jealous?"

"No, I'm not fucking jealous."

I scoffed, "I can't fucking tell." I said matching his tone.

He laughed, "Whatever bruh, you can have that nigga."

I scrunched my face, "Bryson... I don't want him."

He sucked his teeth and scoffed, "Yeah okay."

"Bryson, I don't. If I did you think I would be sitting up here arguing with your mad ass?"

He shrugged, "I don't know your true intentions."

Wow...

Tears formed at the brim of my eyes as I sat silent.

He doesn't trust me... already.

"So... you don't trust me?" I sniffled.

His face softened and he sighed, "No Mariah I do trust you, it's that nigga I don't trust."

I laughed bitterly, "Aw don't feed me that bullshit, Bryson! After all I been through... I can trust you but you can't trust me? Already? Do you know how hard that is for me? We're not even together yet and you already doubting me. I haven't even given you a reason for you not trust me." I said as a few tears fell.

He rubbed a hand down his face, "Baby, I ain't mean it like that you know that. It's just that nigga-"

"That nigga is my co-worker and also my friend. You don't have to be an asshole to him all the time."