Chapter 4

Justice

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around the dimly lit bedroom. (External Link) Am I in a hotel and when was it suddenly night time? The last thing I remember some guy who's twin could have been a bear, had me up against the all choking me.

The last voice I heard was Dominic's when he begged them to let me go. Dominic...what did they do to him? I quickly hopped out of the bed and raced over to the door. I pulled the door open and was in an empty hallway.

I turned my head towards the steps, where I could hear people talking and laughing. I quietly walked down the hallway, not making a sound. I leaned over the banister of the steps and listened to their conversation.

"What are you gonna do with her, Boss man?" I could tell by the voice that it was that ass-kisser Darnell.

"Nothing, until she get's up," August replied.

"You should beat her ass, just like Dominic and that nigga he bought with him, for kicking me in my fucking balls! That bitch needs to be taught a lesson!" That bear-guy yelled.

I rolled my eyes and started walking downstairs. Nobody's going to beat my ass, especially some nigga. And they better not have hurt Dominic or Effrin. I quietly stepped down a stair, just as it creaked. Their conversation ceased, as they waited to hear the sound again.

I froze in my shoes, waiting to hear what they were gonna do next.

"It sounds like that bitch is up," The bear-guy said.

I quickly turned around and ran back up the steps as I heard their foot steps drawing near me. I eased back in the room and hid behind the big metal tub filled with water, just as I heard them make it up the steps.

The door flew open and by the footsteps I could tell it was the obese-bear guy. "Come out. Come out, where ever you are," He sang walking through the room. I looked towards the door and saw August and Darnell walking into the room.

"Search the room. She's definitely in here," August said looking around. He came around the side of the tub and stopped when he saw me. He waved the other guys over, and I looked up at all of them as they hovered over me.

I stood up and reached into my boot for my switch blade but it was gone.

"Looking for this?" Darnell laughed as he held up my switch blade.

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want from me?" I asked backing up.

August looked at the two guys and motioned for them leave the room. "I don't want anything from you. You're just an asset, for right now," He replied walking through the room. "You like the place?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "It looks like a hotel. Can we cut the bullshit though? Just tell your groupies to let me out of this house so I can go back home," I replied.

He smiled, "Why do you need to go? What's the rush?"

"I don't like being held hostage," I replied.

"You're not technically a hostage if you're enjoying this."

"This is bullshit! I'm not enjoying one minute of this!" I yelled.

"Calm down. Look, I'm going to let you go once you answer a few of my questions," He patted the spot next to him on the bed but I shook my head, no.

"I'm perfectly fine here." I leaned up against the door and folded my arms, wanting him to get on with the questioning so I can get home.

"Since Dominic bought you here I know you know what he's up to. Do you know somebody named Melvin LaBranch?" He asked.