Chapter 9

Justice

"So, how do you know Dominic?" August asked taking another long drag of the blunt.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, kissing his neck, trying so badly to change the subject. "It's not important," I whispered against his skin but he pushed me away.

"Nah, just tell me shawty."

I sighed. "I can't."

"Why not? I told you about my life, why can't you spill a little about yourself?" He asked.

"Because you're gonna get mad if I tell you," I mumbled. 

"Look, I promise not to get mad if you tell me how you know him. You ain't fucking him are you, cause you know he has a wife and kids, right?"

"I'm not fucking him. It's not always the first thing I tell somebody but Dominic's my Dad."

He scrunched up his face and moved away from me in disgust. "So, you're working with me against your own father? What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked trying to get out of the tub but I stopped me.

"I thought you weren't gonna get mad."

"I wasn't but I didn't think you'd tell me some shit like this! You're gonna have to bounce, shawty." He yelled. 

"If you'd stop acting like a bastard, yelling at me about something you know nothing about, then I can tell you the full story. You want me to tell you what's up or do you want me to go?"

He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't give a damn what you do. I'm just not looking to have any trouble with you once your Dad finds out about what you're doing," He replied.

"He's not my biological Father. Damn you August. You're just such a bastard, I shouldn't have told you anything. I knew you were gonna act like this."

"My bad, you shouldn't start off your story like that. Maybe that should be the last thing you tell somebody like me," He said.

"Well I'm sorry, do you want to know everything?"

"Yeah."

"Well Dominic isn't my biological Father but he's acting like one for the past seven years. I was out on the streets, hungry with no place to live when I was 13 because my Mom was on drugs. We got into a fight one night. The both of us were beaten up badly and she said she gave up on raising me so she put me out but Dominic eventually found me months later. He's not my actual Father but I wish he was, since he and his wife raised me like one of their daughters," I replied.

I looked down at our legs in the water and sighed as tears burned down my cheeks. I hated reminiscing on when I was 13. That was one of my worst and lowest times in mine and my Mother's life. When I was out on the streets I did anything I could to get a meal, since I didn't know when my next one would be coming.

I never gave up my body but I was coming to it but that was before Dominic actually found me. I'd do anything for a meal and Dominic and Darlene took me in and they didn't have to. They took in another child and raised her, not to be the reckless person I am now.

"If they mean so much to you, how can you just walk out on them and help me take them down?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I don't even know why I'm here August, I shouldn't be doing this to them. They deserve to be treated better than this but I needed to leave. Dominic wanted me to completely be out of his house today and I felt like I was that 13 year old girl again, who would do anything to have a home, even if that meant staying with the very person who wanted to see Dominic and the rest of his family dead."