Chapter 8

Justice

"Damn," August cursed, sending chills up my spin.

I was in total ecstasy at this point and who ever was knocking completely ruined the moment August and I were sharing. He stood up and wrapped the towel around his waist, sighing. He pulled open the door and stuck his head out.

I sat up and sighed. Our moment was over but I'll cherish it forever. Feeling August's lips on my neck, my collarbone and especially on my lips got me to thinking about how different it was with Effrin, who was just playing me.

I walked over to one of August's draws and pulled it open, looking for something to wear as I listened in on he and Cam's conversation.

"They got him man. They got him," Cam said, his voice almost cracking.

"They got who?"

"Nell man, Dominic's boys got him this morning. He's dead."

August slammed his hands against the door and sighed, "Shit. Why'd they get him?" He asked.

"They were talking some shit about you killed this nigga named Kirk. Damn, I don't even know who that is," Cam replied.

"Let me get dressed and I'll be out in a second." August closed the door and turned around to me as I put on a pair of his basketball shorts.

"Darnell is okay, right?" I asked, making sure I didn't hear Cam say Dominic's boys killed him.

"Nah. He's dead but I was expecting some shit stupid like this to happen," He replied sitting on the edge of his bed.

I sighed and sat up on my knees behind him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, rubbing his shoulders. "Look, everything is gonna fine, alright? I'm sure you'll find another guy as good as Darnell."

"That's not it. I knew Dominic's guys were gonna retaliate once they saw that nigga I killed laying in his warehouse. I don't know why I wasn't paying enough attention, though. I should have been out on the streets last night, not here," He replied getting up.

I rolled my eyes, feeling bad that he was here with me instead of out doing his work. "I'll see you later August," I said putting on my shoes.

He didn't bother responding to me. I walked out of his room, with him still sitting on the bed. I closed the door behind myself and was immediately noticed by Cam.

"Get your nasty ass out of this house, bitch," He spat.

"Fuck you."

I picked up my pace and walked down the steps of August's house, feeling guilty about Darnell's death. I walked out of the house and walked towards the bus stop.

--

By the time I got back to Dominic's place, it was booming with most of his boys. Effrin grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side. I looked him up and down, taking in how dirty he smelled and how much blood was over his clothes.

"Where the hell were you at last night? You had Dominic shitting bricks looking for you," He pushed me up against the wall.

"I stayed with Nia last night," I replied. "Dominic's home already?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah, didn't you hear? August's crew broke into Dominic's warehouse and killed Kirk last night."

My eyes widened in shock. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. Dominic's been waiting on you to get home," He said leading me downstairs to Dominic's office, where I could hear him yelling at somebody.

I pushed past the guys Dominic was yelling at and hugged Dominic, glad to know he was okay. I know I've been giving the enemy information but the last person I want getting hurt is Dominic, Darlene or anybody else from their innocent family.