Chapter 16

☯ September 23th  

Justice

I walked up to my hotel suite and pulled my key out of my purse as I listened in on the erotic noises coming from inside of the room. I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door. August better not have that basic bitch, Mercedes, in this room.

If I ever come back early he's always in here fucking that bitch in the living room, on his bed or in the bath tub that the two of us share. I know we have no type of communication but I still feel like it's rude to be sleeping with some hoe in the room the two of us share.

I opened up the door and saw the two of them having sex. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door close, causing the two of them to look up. Mercedes looked me up and down in disgust. As many times as she's been here she barely says anything to me besides the little shit she mumbles under her breath.

I'm pretty sure August is giving me a bad name because I hear her call me a bitch or a hoe but I just brush it off because she's not worth it and neither is he. She can take August because to be honest I hav no type of feelings for him anymore.

I stood in front of the two of them, still clutching my test results from the doctor's office under my arms. After running quite a few tests and waiting several days I got my results back this morning. Turns out I'm pregnant, just like Dr. Kelley thought.

"I need to speak with you," I told August.

He opened his mouth to speak but Mercedes spoke for him. "Don't you see that the two of us are busy?" 

"Am I speaking to you? No. So stay in your place, mind your own damn business and shut the hell up," I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you hoe," She mumbled pulling August back down to her.

She wrapped her legs around his torso and pushed him deeper into her but he stopped her. "I'll be done soon," August mumbled, the only four words he's said to me since August 29.

I nodded my head and walked to the back of the suite where the rooms were at. I kicked off my shoes and sat on the edge of my bed, still holding my papers in my hands, as I heard them continue to have sex with no care in the world that someone else was in the room.

I sighed and looked over the papers. They say that I'm five weeks pregnant. So from that first time August and I had sex I was pregnant and I've been pregnant every other time we had sex, which really isn't a surprise to me now that I think about it.

To be honest it was bound to happen, I was just waiting on the day. After giving it some careful thought I realized we didn't use condoms most of the time. We only used condoms when we happened to be on a bed, which wasn't routine.

Usually we'd have sex where ever we could get it but most of the times it was in the shower. August saying he wanted me to feel all of him insisted on not wearing a condom and it was almost natural not to have one.

He'd always pull out before he came but I guess it wasn't soon enough. Besides the shower sex, which was daily, if not more than once, we'd have sex on the beach. That was occasional but it still happened without a condom.

I peared beyond the wall that separated the living room from the bedroom area and watched as they continued having sex, when they knew I was still in here and had to talk to August. As minutes turned into hours I started growing frustrated from whether it was the sex fumes filling the room, their moans or the back of the couch hitting up against the wall.

I sat on the edge of my bed staring blankly into the television, wishing that tie would pass when the two of them walked into the bedroom area. Mercedes walked around the room, picking up articles of her clothing before she turned to August.

"Can I come over tomorrow?" She asked pulling her shirt over her head.

August pulled up his boxers and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care," He replied.

She smiled and kissed his cheek. "See you tomorrow August." When she was walking out I caught her dagger like eyes watching my every move but I just played it off like I didn't notice. I know the only reason she hates me is because I'm living here with August but I could care less. I'd move out in an instant if I wanted to.

August laid back on his bed. "So what's up?" August asked looking at the papers I still had clutched in my hands. "What's that in your hands?

"I went to see a doctor today," I replied finally letting go of the papers.

"What's wrong with you now?"

I sighed and handed him the papers, not knowing the best way to explain this to him. Knowing him he'll think I've been out being promiscuous like him but I haven't. He's the only guy I've slept with in the past six months. He's the only likely Father.

His face tiwsted up as he read through the papers. "So, you're five weeks pregnant?" He asked setting the papers down on the night stand that separated our beds.

I nodded my head, yes. "Yeah"

"You're telling me this because you think I'm the Father?"

"I know you're the Father, August. You're the only guy I've had unprotected sex with, ever," I replied.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

I rolled my eyes and snatched the papers off of the dresser. "Look, I told you because I know you're the Father of this baby. I'm not playing these stupid ass games with you August, I just need to know from the beginning if you're gonna help me raise this baby or not," I told him.

He sighed and shrugged his shoulders as he scratched the back of his head. "I don't know, shawty."

"Don't call me that 'cause I'm not your shawty anymore. I need a yes or a no from you, not an I don't know because the question isn't that difficult August."

"It is that difficult, shawty. When you have the baby I'm not gonna be running around on these streets no more putting my life in danger just for money. I don't want my baby growing up and seeing that," He replied.

"Then get off the streets if you feel like that."

"Where the hell am I gonna get some money to support a baby?" He asked.

"Get a fucking job August! A real one, where you work from nine to five in an office building downtown. I'll get one too if it comes down to it," I replied.

He sighed and laid back on his bed, thinking. "I don't know about this shawty. What about all the work I've put into the streets?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Let it go August. You've got more important issues then what crack head you're gonna sell to. Look, I'm not forcing you into anything you don't want to do because I know this baby was unexpected and happened at the wrong time but at least consider the fact that there's gonna be some little girl or boy walking around without a Father, just like T," I sighed and climbed off of my bed. "Just think about it August."

I left the papers on the end of my bed before grabbing my purse and walking out of the hotel suite. Giving him time to consider taking care of a baby he helped create wasn't what he needed. He needed to own up to his responsibilities, be a man and stop fucking these sly bitches on the low.

Once he does that everything else will hopefully fall into place. 

--

Comment. Vote. Add to your reading list.

I know this is short but I really need to finish my Summer Packer for English. There will be another chapter tonight.

Mercedes is on the side.