Chapter 25

☯ April 9th  

Justice

I put A.J. in his bassinet and climbed back into the bed with August. "What did you need to talk to me about?" He asked pulling me on top of his lap.

"Um I haven't been completely honest lately."

He sighed. "You cheat already? We've only been married two days, shawty."

"No," I replied caressing his face. "No, August. I haven't cheated on you ever. Actually it's about Effrin. He came by the night I went into labor with A.J. He also came to see me in the hospital but I didn't let him come near me or A.J."

I studied his face, waiting on him to explode but he didn't which was strange for him. I know what'll get him furious and that's Effrin. He grabbed my waist. 

"I already knew Justice. I've just been waiting on when you'd finally say something about it."

"I'm sorry for keeping it bottled up all this time. I would have said something sooner but I've just been kind of scared," I mumbled.

"Scared of what? You know I'm not gonna hurt you no more."

I sighed. "I know August, it's not you. It's Effrin, I think."

"What's he doing?"

"Well first off I don't know if it's him but I've been getting this strange texts for the past couple of months. They were continuous for like a week and then they stopped. I just thought it was somebody trying to scare me until I started getting them again."

"What are the messages saying Justice?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just random shit like about the baby, us getting married, these rings or your life. I tried paying them no type of attention because they weren't threatening until the one I got last night said you're about to die."

August

All of the air in my body seemed to have escaped my lips as soon as Justice told me that. I know it's just Effrin or somebody from his crew fucking with her about this whole dying thing. I planned on telling Justice some time in the future but definitely not right now.

I guess you can say we're still in the honeymoon stage of our marriage because everything seem's to be going perfect. Even the little shit she does that irks my soul hasn't bothered me. We haven't even gotten into any arguments lately.

Honestly the chill vibe around here is really starting to grow on me. 

"J-Justice why would you believe something like that?"

"I'm not saying I do but some of the stuff they keep texting me is starting to add up. Why the hell would you borrow money from Effrin of all people? C'mon Aug, you know that whole deal was a load of bullshit that could have easily been avoided."

"No it couldn't have!" I yelled growing tense. "You don't understand Justice. I didn't have shit else to do besides borrow money. I'm broke. We're broke Justice! We have NO type of money to our names anymore."

"B-But what about all the money you saved up while out in New Orleans?"

"I blew all of my money on you," I replied. "I blew it on this house, shit for A.J. and everything else around here. I wanted y'all to have everything y'all wanted and Effrin was the only person I knew that would loan me some money. I just thought I'd be able to pay him back by the time A.J. was born."

"How August? Please tell me how you'd be able to pay him back. You don't have a job, please tell me how."

"Look don't get mad Ju--"