Chapter 15

☯ August 29th  

Justice

I looked over at August as we enjoyed our breakfast on the balcony of our suite. I sighed and looked down at the people on the beach having fun, like we had everyday here. It's been 13 days since we left New Orleans and I can honestly say that I'm enjoying myself, but I know this'll wear off soon.

I didn't have much in New Orleans but what I did have is everything I needed. I'm sure Nia, the only person who gives a damn about me, has tried calling me but can't get in contact with her. I wish I could speak to her but August thinks it's best that we low for the first couple months out here.

I understand clearly but I need to be around more people then just him and these Australians who I can barely even understand. All everybody wants to do out here is chill and relax at the beach but I want to do something and it's really starting to become cramping.

"What's up with you?" August mumbled turning to me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Nothing."

"Just tell me."

"Okay. Well when can we go back to New Orleans? I mean, all of this is nice and all but want to go back home. I miss my family," I replied.

"You mean the family that's trying to kill you?" He asked standing up. "The don't give a shit about what happens to you, shawty. Dominic just wants his money and the fuck ups of NOLA off his streets. That's us. He don't miss you, shawty."

He sat his plate of food down in the chair and walked into the suite but I followed behind him. I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. "You don't know what you're talking about August!" I yelled pushing him. 

He removed my hands from him and pushed me back. "How do I not know? It's obvious that nigga doesn't give a damn about you or else he wouldn't have had Effrin try killing us. You're fucked up Justice if you think he cares."

"I guess I am and so are you. You're just being a bastard again. You have no ounce of compassion in you, August. You don't have a fucking filter on your mouth! You don't give a damn about other people's feelings and how the words you say affect them. You're just a jackass," I said pushing past him but he quickly turned me back around.

"I don't have any compassion but I went out of my way for your selfish ass. I let you stay in my house, eat my food and gave you money. I fucking protected your ass and ended up getting hurt because of your fucking games, Justice. And then I was stupid enough to take you out here when I should have just let Dominic kill your ass," He replied.

What he said to me might not have meant anything to him but it cut me deep. Only a few days did I finally admit to myself that I had feelings for him and not in a friendly way anymore. I kept telling myself that August is a bastard but besides that one time we haven't actually been in an argument. 

I was so convinced that he was this sweet, amazing guy who cared about me just as much as I cared about him but I'm wrong. Just like I thought, August is a bastard, who doesn't have a filter on his mouth. He doesn't give a damn what he says to anybody, even me.

I took a deep breath as the tears welled up in my eyes. "Fuck you bastard," I said as my voice cracked. I covered my mouth, trying to restrain myself from crying in front of him, and walked as fast as I could into the small bathroom.

"Fuck you too bitch!" He yelled walking after me.

I hurried into the bathroom and slammed the door in his face, making sure I locked it behind myself. I sat on the side of the small tub and cried my eyes out. I feel so restricted here and it seemed like August was the only thing keeping me sane but he's just one of the restricting things now. He doesn't understand how his words can affect somebody but maybe it's just because he doesn't care.