Chapter 18

☯ January 4th  

**Atlanta**

August

I took a deep breath and pressed call. I haven't spoken to her since she left back in September. We've only text each other every few days and it's really starting to slowly kill me. I honestly thought she would have come back to Australia to be with me but she never did.

I everything she said were just more of her empty threats that really didn't mean anything but she was serious. And after weeks of realizing that she really wasn't coming back and really wanted to be through with me I went back to New Orleans.

I finally grew the balls to text her mid-November but I told her I was still in Australia so she wouldn't worry. I had to came back to New Orleans to make some money for my family. After rebuilding my drug empire back up in New Orleans I eventually found the team to help me take down Dominic.

Dominic, being the nigga who wants to reason decided to give me a call one night. I guess then he figured I was starting to become a threat again. We only spoke for a little while before I heard shots in the background.

Before I even knew he was going to give me a call I ordered some guys to take him and his crew out. They didn't take them out but they're in a hospital uptown, in ICU, where they've been the past few months.

Once I realized that they weren't getting out any time soon and I had all the money I needed I ventured out to Atlanta, where I've been staying since early December. I'm doing what Justice wants me to do and that's getting off the streets.

I know she likes hearing me sing and so did Mel, so I'm doing it for them and my son. I'm trying to get this music shit together and so far it's been going well.

"Hello?" She answered like she didn't know who was calling.

"What's up?" I asked. "I saw the picture you sent me."

She sighed. "Oh yeah."

"I can't believe how big you've gotten."

She didn't respond but I knew she was on the other line because I could hear her breathing. I just didn't know why she wasn't responding. This is why I've been apprehensive about calling her. I knew this was going to happen.

"You still there?" I asked questioning the obvious.

"Yeah. I'm still here."

"How have you been?"

"Good," She mumbled.

I could tell by the tone of voice she was using that she was annoyed and really didn't want to talk to me but I didn't care. I know I fucked up badly but I'm trying to change and be a better person for my family. She just won't accept the fact that I'm trying.

"I was doing some thinking," I started waiting for a response from her but still I didn't get one. "Maybe I could come out there to see you."

"That's not a good idea," She quickly responded.

"Why not? I haven't seen you since last year, shawty. I just want to see you and my son."

"Well you had the chance and you chose the streets over your family. I'm not going through this bullshit with you August. One minute you're there and the next you're not. You're not jumping in and out of my son's life."

I sighed. "You know I'm trying to get my shit together down here. Just give me some time."

"How much time, August?" She asked. "I've been pregnant for six months, you haven't tried seeing me, hell this is the first time you've even given a shit to call me. You don't care August and that's okay."