Chapter 14

Justice

"Let's go Justice"

I looked up at August as he walked into the living room. "You're done already?" I asked him. It only seemed like I had been sitting out here for a few hours, bored out of my mind and uptight about August. I know he only got shot in the arm but anything could have happened.

Once he pulled off of the parking lot of the warehouse he drove over to some guy named Manny's house across the city to get the bullet out of his arm. Manny is a friend of August, who's a rich doctor, with a basement almost like a hospital room.

"Yeah."

I sighed and walked out of the house with August, making sure none of Dominic's crew wasn't around. We climbed into August's car and he fumbled around for his keys, trying to move his sore arm around in the sling.

"August, you can't drive. Let me drive back to your place," I told him. 

He sighed. "I got it Justice!"

"Stop fucking yelling at me! I'm just trying to help you!" I yelled back.

"Look, I got it. I can drive to the airport," He said finally starting up his car. He pulled off down the street, cutting sharp corners, speeding through stop signs and stop lights.

"What the hell are we going to the airport for?" I asked gripping on to the door handle, my nerves picking up.

"We can't stay in New Orlean's anymore. We gotta get out of here."

"And go where August?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea but we gotta get out of the country."

"What about our stuff at your house?" I asked.

"Forget about it. We'll get new stuff when we get out of here," He said getting on the freeway.

I didn't bother questioning him any longer, since I could see that he was clearly upset. I knew Dominic was gonna pull some sneaky shit but nothing as crazy as this and I really didn't expect Effrin to be the one trying to kill us.

August and I walked through the airport in silence, cautiously observing the scenery around us, making sure Dominic couldn't find us here. We bought our tickets, walked through the metal detectors and were on our way to the gate.

"Where are we going?" I asked August.

"Australia."

"What the fuck?"

"You wanna go there or get killed here? Just shut the hell up and follow me," He replied walking ahead of me.

I rolled my eyes and followed behind August as we boarded the already crowded plane. "You know I've really got enough of you telling me to shut up. I'm just trying to help your ass out," I said taking my seat next to the window.

August sighed and sat down next to me. "Well look, I'm fine."

"Alright, well I'm sorry for trying to help you out," I mumbled.

He didn't respond. The two of us sat in silence throughout most of the 15 hour ride to Perth, Australia. I sat up in my sit a little, gazing around the packed plane, where almost everybody was asleep. I looked to my side as August watched me sit back down. 

"You straight?" He mumbled.

"Yeah. How's your arm?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's fine."

I nodded my head and looked out of the window, watching the clouds pass by. That was the most conversation we had the entire time on the plane, besides the occasional "Excuse me's" as one of us got up to use the rest room.