Chapter 20

☯ January 7th  

Justice

"I'll be back in a few hours," August said walking down the porch steps.

"Alright. Just take your time." I leaned up against the door frame and watched as he got into the car and drove off down the street.

We've only been back from California for two days but he's constantly been here taking care of me when he should have been at the studio working. Last night I finally persuaded him that I'd be fine alone and that he should go to the studio for a few hours.

He's got a once in a life time chance and he's basically throwing it away to watch me when I'm perfectly fine. I've only been pregnant six months and I'm fine doing things on my own right now but a month or so from now I'll really need him to be home.

As soon as I watched him safely down the street I closed the door and walked upstairs to the baby's room. I sighed and sat down in the only piece of furniture in the room, the rocking chair that was next to the bench that sat under the bay window.

I looked out at the room and sighed. I had about three months to get the baby's room in tip top shaped before he arrived. The only thing done to the room was the painting of the baby blue walls. Other than that I was gonna have to figure out everything on my own. 

I managed to pull my phone out of my pocket and called one of the only number's I happened to remember. I know August wants me to stay away from Dominic, his family and anybody associated with them but I needed to speak to somebody I knew.

As far as I know none of them have heard anything about me in months, so I doubt they'll even know I'm pregnant. They'll probably think August ditched me somewhere or I'm dead since I didn't bother to come back to New Orleans with him through the rise of his empire.

"Hello?" She asked. "Who is this?"

"It's Justice."

Nia sighed. "You really shouldn't be calling me. You already know Dominic's got my phone tapped, even more from when you were around," She replied.

"I know but I just called to see how you were doing."

"Fine, seeing as you disappeared off the face of the Earth for like six months. I'm perfectly fine, Justice."

"I'm sorry for disappearing but there was reasoning behind all of it," I replied.

"I know you lied behind Dominic's back, giving August information that shouldn't even have been repeated and word around town is that August personally got rid of you. Should I tell people otherwise?"

"No!" I quickly responded. "No. Just don't even say a thing about me."

"Why not? You still fucking with him?" She asked.

"Sort of but it's not what it sounds like, Nia. I just don't need anybody to come looking for me."

"How come?"

"Because some shit is going on, alright?" I asked.

She sighed. "Fine I won't say a thing but you better update me with what's going on even though I already know what's going on."

"How?"

"You know I get around and I hear a lot of shit. Heard 'round the block by Keisha that you and that August guy helped kill Kirk and Carlos."

"We didn't kill Carlos. If you wanna find out who did that you better talk to your Daddy 'cause he sent Effrin's bitch ass to go out and do it. And why the hell are you even associating with Keisha? You know that hoe will do anything to get some dick inside of her loose pussy. You already know she hates me and is just spreading lies she probably made up while she watched her dirty ass bay bay kids," I told her.