Chapter 21

☯ April 1st  

Justice

The days leading up to the arrival of August were becoming limited. His room wasn't completely finished, August was constantly out doing whatever he does and I was stuck at home with Anthony and Shawn following behind me everywhere I went.

I know August is out making money, trying to support A.J. and I but he's rarely even home anymore. If he isn't out in the studio recording he's taking these trips. Where? I have no idea but when ever I question him about it he shoo's me away.

He's never gone for too long. They're always two to three day trips when he comes back even more upset then before he left. When August left Atlanta Shawn and Anthony stayed over, like they were residents.Sometimes Shawn or Anthony would leave but never the two of them.

I don't know what's going on with August but it is I'm determined to find out. He's not going to get his record deal taken because of some bullshit out on the streets that he shouldn't have any business meddling with.

He should be in the studio, doing whatever with his team, not going here and there. His usual excuses are that he's taking care of business or doing something to protect the baby and I but it's a load of shit, honestly.

He's putting his family on the line every time he steps foot out of this house. He can just as well protect me and the baby if he's home, where he should be at. I'm just about ready to pop any minute now and if August isn't here while I'm in labor he's going to get hell when ever he decides to show his ass around here again.

"You want me to get the door?" Shawn asked when the doorbell rang.

"Yeah," I mumbled watching him walk to the front door.

As of right now, being this big wasn't allowing me to be mobile. I stayed at home pretty much all day long, sitting or lying out on the love seat as I watched Shawn and Anthony play video games, watch TV, stuff their faces or annoy me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Shawn asked.

"Just came to stop by," Who ever it was at the door responded.

My eyes shot open as soon as I heard that voice. It was familiar but I couldn't put a face to it yet.

"Boss Man doesn't want anybody here."

"I know Boss Man spoke to you about me visiting. August and I had a few conversations on the phone and he said it was fine if we came over," The guy replied.

Shawn sighed. "Alright but don't think about do no crazy shit."

I turned my head to the side as I watched the shadows on the walls make their way into the living room. "I thought you were dead," I said to Effrin as I saw him stand in the doorway of the living room, with Nia hot on his trail.

Effrin smiled, revealing his pearly white teeth and perfect dimples that me and every other girl in downtown New Orleans seemed to love. "Do I look dead to you?" He asked.

I looked him up and down as he walked over to me, his eyes staying glued to my huge stomach.

"I see what August has done to you. What's up with your stomach?" He asked sitting next to me on the couch.

"I'm pregnant."

"No shit. You always point out the obvious, Justice. Why'd you let him do this to you?"

"He didn't do anything to me Effrin. What was your purpose in coming over here?" I asked.

Effrin sighed and looked around, watching everybody hold on to our conversation. "Can we get some privacy?" He asked.