Chapter 11

Justice

"You aren't gonna get dressed?"

I looked up as August pulled on a pair of boxers. I shrugged my shoulders and continued looking up at the ceiling, thinking about what Effrin said to me.

I know I fuck with Effrin a lot but it still hurt to hear him say that but it truly hurt to hear him with some other female. He knows that I like him and have been liking him since we met, and that was seven long years ago. He can't say he hasn't started to grow some type of feelings for me.

August climbed into the bed next to me and laid on his back, looking up at the ceiling like me. "You alright, shawty?"

I shrugged my shoulders as he leaned over me, looking into my eyes. "Why are your eyes red? Don't tell me you've been out here crying," He said.

I sighed and rubbed my yes, hoping I could get the red out of them. I hated crying but I definitely hated crying in front of people, especially August. It's not like I can tell him about Effrin, he just wouldn't understand.

"I wasn't August," I replied getting up.

I grabbed his shirt that I had laid out and pulled it over my head. 

"I think you were. What's wrong? If it's something I did, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you like that, shawty."

I shook my head and pulled up my panties. "It wasn't you August. I promise you there's nothing wrong with me. I'm perfectly fine."

"I don't believe you," He replied climbing into bed next to me.

"Well that's just too damn bad."

He leaned over me, grinning. "Why is it that every time you get mad you don't even sound like you from the South? You gotta secret you're not telling me?" He laughed.

I shook my head, no, and turned to him. "No. I just...never mind," I mumbled turning away from him but he turned me back around.

"Be real with me, shawty. Just tell me."

"I just get so mad sometimes, I don't even feel like myself."

"Well you can always feel like yourself around me, okay?" He asked.

I nodded my head and scooted closer to him. "I just wish he wouldn't make me feel like somebody else sometimes."

"Who?"

I sighed. "It's just this boy that I might kind of like but I don't know anymore. He's just such a jack ass all of the time. I was just on the phone with him while you were in the shower and he basically told me to fuck off so he could continue fucking some bitch," I mumbled.

"Well you don't need anybody that treats you like shit. Is that who Effrin is?" He asked.

I nodded my head and sighed as I looked down at my fingers. "Damn. I don't even know why I'm telling you all of this shit. I'm sure you don't want to be dealing with some other niggas problems and you probably don't care anyways."

"We might not have known each other for that long but I do care about you, seriously," He replied putting his arm around me. "And I know you care about me, too."

I sighed. "I do," I mumbled.

"Then stop worrying about that nigga, let him fuck that bitch and definitely stop having wet dreams about that punk. Will you come somewhere with me?" He asked sitting up. 

"It depends."

"Nah fuck that 'it depends' shit." He dragged me out of the bed and pulled me down the hall, to where he first held me hostage.