Chapter Twenty Five

-_Gabriel's POV_-

"B-Betty,"I called.

She turned around.Her blond hair that looks so soft and her kind green eyes together with her bright smile greeted.

"Gabriel.Is there something wrong?"she asked.

"Oh,no,"I replied.

"There's just something that I want to tell you,"I added.

She tilted her head to the side,"What is it?"

"W-well..From the very start,I actually like you,Betty."

She gasped but hid it with a smile,"You're joking."

"No,it's true,"I said,"And I want you to go to the prom with me."

"S-sorry,Gabriel.I don't like you.You're not my type but you're handsome and kind.It's just that,I like someone else.Sorry,"she said while walking away.

"Wait!"I screamed.

Then,my dream ended when I felt a cold towel on my head.I opened my eyes to see Megan's brown eyes looking at me with so much worry.

"Thank goodness you're awake!Don't you know you almost gave me a heart attack?"she said while backing away.

"Sorry,"I tried sitting up when I felt my head ache,"Ouch!"

"Gabriel!"she gasped.

"My head hurts."

"Oh.Well,when you lost consciousness,you hit your head very hard on your office table that's why  I'm putting ice on it,"she explained.

"Who is that Betty Green,anyway?"she hissed.

"Wait,are you jealous?"I asked while smirking.

"What?!No way.Never in your wildest dreams!"she growled.

"Okay.Well,Betty in my classmate on High School,"I explained,"She's the most beautiful lady in our school and she chose to hang-out with me.After so many times of hanging-out and I already lost count of it,I thought that she might like me because wherever I go,she's there.I was happy because finally there was some decent girl liking me.Why not,I'm the MVP on our basketball that time and the most handsome guy in campus."

"Really?"she raised her eyebrows.

"Anyway,I already thought that she has her eyes on me so I was planning on confronting her because I also liked her.When I confessed my feelings to her,she broke my heart.Actually,she's my first and last crush."

"Aw..."she said.

"Then,I soon found out that the one she like was Mark.One of the players in basketball and also my best friend.I realized that time that the reason why she was always by my side is because Mark and I are always together.Mark was like a brother to me,"I ended the story while smiling at her.

"After that,you have no crushes?"she asked.

"Yeah.I was afraid that I might get hurt again.I might be handsome and cool,but I don't really know how to act around girls,"I explained.

"That's deep."

"Yes,but you came in my life and you changed everything,"I said while holding her hair,"You changed me.The way I act around people."

I saw her face turned red like a tomato.

She turned away quickly,"S-stop joking around!"

She stood up and walked away but I called for her.

"What did you say to Elise when I blacked out?"I asked.

"I told her to say to your guest to come back because you're busy."

"Thanks,Megan,"I smiled at her softly.

'Y-yeah.No problem."

Once she was out of the room,I laid back again on the bed.

Why did she come back?How did she know my company?

As I thought of these things,my eyes were falling.I was really tired but before I even fallen asleep,a picture of Betty came cross my mind.Then,she turned to Megan.Megan was smiling softly but full of happiness while Betty was looking at me with sorrow.

They were my loved ones.The only difference is,I love Megan more and when I confessed my feelings to Megan,she didn't ran away.