Chapter Twenty Nine

What to do when you're bored...
Probably just lie on your bed thinking about stuff that's not important.
That's what I'm doing now.

I didn't showed up to Gabriel since the incident yesterday.Because if I show up,the same view will hit my eyes again.You know,Betty,in Gabriel's office.

I'd rather go to Neverland with Peter Pan and the lost boys than seeing Betty's face all day.Begging at Gabriel all the time...So annoying..

Then,my phone beeped.But I ignored it.

I started to think what life would I be in to if I didn't met Gabriel or being his fake fiancee'.Mabe I would still hold a grudge at him.Suddenly,I felt sleepy.I slowly closed my eyes.The next thin I knew it,I was already sleeping.

          ***********************

I opened my eyes when I suddenly heard music.I slowly reached for m phone and answered it.

"Hello?"I tiredly answered.

"Megan!I called you a thousand times but you didn't answered!"Gabriel growled.

"Sorry..I was sleeping."

"Anyway,why didn't you showed up today?"

"Something came up.."

"That aside,go back to the house and get some swimsuits or whatever you where in swimming because we're going to the beach,"he suddenly said.

"What?!"

"Hurry up."

I was about to answer but he ended the call..

I rolled m eyes in frustration.Just as he said,I went to his house and packed some things.I quickly rushed to the office.I saw Gabriel,Betty and the other people whose invited.

Gabriel walked towards me,"You made it."

"Yep.."

All of a sudden,Betty appeared and snatched Gabriel away from me.

"Let's go,everyone,"she called.

I rolled my eyes and let out a deep sigh.

This is going to be a long ride...

       ********************************

"Oh,thank goodness!"a woman's voice said,"I thought you were dead."

I opened my eyes to see an old,humble lady staring at me with worried eyes.

"W-where am I?"I asked.

"You are at our resort.Earlier,I heard the sound of a car outside our hotel.When I came out took a look that when I saw you kids.A guy carried,saying you drank too liqour and lost consciousness,"she explained."You kids need to look out for alcohol or wine or beers.That's bad for your health if you drink it always."

I remember!
Betty and the rest of the people were having fun,except for me.They were playing "Truth or Dare" or something like,"Interrogation or Humiliation."
I didn't joined in because I wasn't in the mood for playing games,but Betty said everyone,she meant,everyone is playing the game.So she chose me and gave me a dare or a humiliation without even asking me what to choose.
She told me to drink a wine.I shook my head in disagreement but she insisted.Gabriel tried to stop me but all of them were saying,"Drink it,drink it!!"
Without realizing that the wine was mixed with other alcohol,I drunk it.

Stupid me...I didn't even smelled it first!

"Are you all right now?Your friends are actually waiting for you outside,"she said.

"Um...What's your name?"I asked kindly.

"Oh,silly me.Didn't even introduced myself.My name is Mrs.Jenny Blank.You can call me Jenny."she said,How about you dear one?"

"Megan.Megan Hill."

"How lovely..Here..I prepared this for you.You need to drink it to lose your dizziness."

"Thanks.."

I stood up and grabbed the coffee she was offering me.

"Um..Where exactly am I?"I asked.

"You're actually at our room.We didn't have time to go upstairs and open a new room for you because you're already wobbling in dizziness,"she replied.

"I-I'm sorry for the bother."

"Oh,it's okay.My husband has already prepared your room upstairs."

"Thanks."

Then,a photograph caught my attention.

"Excuse me for asking,but who is this?"I pointed at the picture showing a kid smiling with a woman.

A smile was formed on her lips,"That's me and my grandson.His parents died when he was 1 year old.We took care of him here.Thank goodness we have a living here or else he couldn't have achieved his dreams.."

"I see....Well,I'll be leaving now.Thanks for your coffee.It's deliciously made,"I complimented.

Once I got outside the room,the smell of the ocean shot my nose.I rushed outside to see.It was so beautiful.They made a beautiful business here.So many people visiting..

Then,I noticed someone waving at me.It was Gabriel and ughh..Betty...
They towards me.

"Are you all right,Megan?"Gabriel asked.

"Oh,I'm fine!"I replied sarcastically,"A little bit liquor wouldn't hurt,would it?"

"I-I'm sorry about what happened.It was definitely my fault that you lost conscious,"Betty said.

I'm glad you know!

"It's all right.Well,anyway I'm just gotta get myself a drink."

I excused myself,trying to hide the fact that I really wanted to shout at Betty.

I went to their bar and ordered.When it was already served,while I was drinking it,I glared at Betty who was begging at Gabriel.

"Boo!!"

I jumped at surprised.Once I turned around,I saw a laughing Mark behind me.

"What are you doing here?"