•2•

•2•

He licked his lips then gave me a slight smirk. I tried to hide the fact that I was blushing but he was too damn fine. The girl, who I'm guessing is his date, looked at the both of us in disgust. "Um, hello? Earth to Odell!" he snapped his focus back to his menu. "My bad, uh, can we have a strawberry milkshake?"

"Whip cre-" I was cut off again by the same girl. "Odell, you know I hate strawberry." the girl whined. He sighed then rolled his eyes. "You hate everything I like." he mumbled. I giggled a little. He smiled in my direction, but she glared hard enough to burn a hole through my head. "We'll have a vanilla milkshake please." she ordered.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Um, did I stutter?"

I was little taken back. But it was cool because I've dealt with plenty of rude customers before. "Damn Amber chill." he said. "I'm sorry about her attitude." the professional football player apologized with a slight embarrassed look on his face.

"It's fine, whip cream and a cherry?" I asked.

"Yes, please." he replied. I took note of their order then turned my attention to the couple sitting next to them. "Alright, I'm back." said the guy who was in the bathroom. He slid in to the booth then put his arm around the girl next to him. "You order yet baby?" he asked zthen planted a kiss on her cheek. "Not yet." she said with a small smile on her face.

Back to doing my job, I looked at the couple ahead of them. "And you guys?"

"Water with lemon, please." the girl spoke. I wrote it down then looked at the guy next to her. "Can I get a Coke? And do y'all got lemon pepper wings?" he asked. I nodded. "We sell them as both an entrée and an appetizer."

"Aye, get right wit' the smackables!" he cheered. I giggled. "So is that an entrée or an appetizer?"

"Appetizer." he replied. I wrote that down then looked back up at him. "50, 75, or 100?"

"100! Most definitely 100!" he answered. I looked at the next couple. "A Sprite." they said in unison. They both looked at each other then smiled. I took note. "Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks then we can get started on your meals."

I walked in to the kitchen to grab their stuff. "Jonah, I need a vanilla milkshake—whip cream and a cherry." I told him as I prepared the other soft drinks. He nodded and while he got started on the milkshake, I peeked out the window of the door that separated the kitchen from the diner. I just kept looking at him. He had a really cute smile. And nice eyes.

"What you lo-OH SHIT!" I panicked and "shh-ed" him before anyone heard. "Do you know who that is!?!" he asked. "Yes I know who that is, and if you scream again he's going to know exactly who you are...the crazy kitchen kid!" he nodded then took a deep breath. "OBJ, in my place of work," he said, absolutely astonished. "You think he'd get a picture with me?" I shrugged. "I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but try after they're done eating." he nodded then got back to that finished milkshake. He placed it on the tray with all the other drinks. As I was beginning to pick up the tray, I felt a hand touch my arm.

I shot around and saw Jacob standing before me. "Alana." he said my name with a smirk on his face. "Um, Jacob." I said then picked up the tray. "Love to stay and chat, but I have to get this out to table 3."

Before I walked out, I stopped then turned to Jonah. "Um J, I need 100 lemon pepper wings." he nodded then got to it. I walked out to the group then placed all of their orders out in front of them. "Thank you." Odell said with a smile on his face. "No problem." I smiled back then pulled my notepad back out. "Okay, you guys said you were ready to order, right?" they all nodded.

"Odell, let's share a burger." he rolled his eyes. You could easily tell he was annoyed. I would be too. What's with this girl and sharing food?

"I'm not in the mood for a burger." he confessed. "Oh, okay, we can share whatever you're in the mood for." he glared then looked down at the menu. "Actually, I'm probably just gonna go 'head and get full off those wings." him and the guy who originally organized to order the wings high five each other. "Dell getting right with the smackables!" he cheered.

"But I hate lemon pepper wings, Odell!" she whined. "Alright, then order a burger." she rolled her eyes. "Fine, just give me a burger." I wrote down the order then turned to the others. "Anything for you guys?" nobody spoke up. "I think we all just gon' eat the wings." the guy on the end said. I nodded. "Okay, so a burger? That's it?" everyone nodded. "The burger comes with fries, is that okay?" she rolled her eyes at me. "Whatever."

"I mean, if you want to pick a different side you can-"

"I said whatever!"

I just looked then went back in to the kitchen. "Jonah, we need a burger and fries." he nodded. "Alright, is this for Odell?" he asked. I shook my head. "No, it's for his bitchy date." I replied.

"Oh, want me to spit on it?" he asked jokingly, with the lightest bit of seriousness. We both burst in to laughter. "No, I should have knocked her milkshake on her." he chuckled.

"Oh, here are those wings." I picked the huge hot plate up then placed it on my tray. "Thanks." I said then made my way out to the table. I set the wings out in front of everyone. "Careful, they're hot." I warned as I handed them each their own little dish for the wings. "They aren't the only things hot in here." Odell said while looking me straight in the eyes.

"Did you really just-? Ugh! You know what bitch, you got one more time to flirt with my man!" she forcefully got out of her seat. Odell quickly followed after then pulled her back. "Chill out Amber!" she shot around and kissed him right on the lips. I guess she was doing it to hurt me...and it worked, a little. "Um, what's going on here?" asked Jacob as he stood behind me. For the first time, I was actually happy to see him. "You're employee clearly has a flirting problem because she won't leave my boyfriend alone!"

"Boyfriend?" Odell questioned.

Jacob looked down at me. He seemed pretty pissed. "Alana, this true?" I shook my head vigorously and denied everything she was saying. "No, I swear, I-"

"Yes, you were! Odell come on, I'm ready to go." she grabbed his hand, but he pulled it back. "Amber, calm down." he turned to me. "Listen, I'm real sorry." he said to me, then handed me a folded $100 bill. "Keep the change." he licked his lips again then turned to the rest of his crew. "Come on y'all, we out."

"But the smackables!"

"Jordan, let's go!"
-
Vote and comment how you felt about this chapter!