•16•

•16•

Odell opened his front door then walked inside. I followed him then let him shut the door behind us. "Children!" Odell yelled aloud. I heard little feet running down the hall as Odell flipped the lights on. He has kids? He never told me that. The footsteps began to grow louder so they were getting closer. "Hey!" he yelled then got down on his knee. His kids ran in his arms and licked his face. The sight of two dogs really calmed me. He never mentioned pets either, but I think that's a little less serious than children. "You guys miss me?" he asked them.

The energy and excitement of those two dogs was crazy once they saw Odell. He turned around and looked at me. "C'mon." I smiled then went over to him and his dogs. I got down and watched as they playfully sniffed and licked me. "What's their names?" I asked, trying not to get distracted by all the fun I was having with his dogs. "Tsar and Dre."

"So cute." I complimented. "Thanks, but I'm cuter." he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes. "Sure about that?" he nodded. "I'm their dad so I'm the cutest by default." I got back up on my feet and laughed. "Alright whatever, let's go and watch this movie."

"You don't wanna get changed first? You know, get a little more comfortable." I shrugged then nodded. I took my bag. "Up the stairs, down the hall, last door on the right." I followed his directions and went into a room. It was a guest bedroom, I'm guessing the room I'm staying in tonight. I got dressed in my pajamas—or a t-shirt and some shorts—then I pulled my hair up in to a bun. I stuffed my day clothes in my bag then saw that I had some text messages from Mike.

"Mike😜😚:Wya?"

"Mike😜😚:Alana, pick up the phone!"

"Mike😜😚:Ik u still mad, but u need to answer."

"Mike😜😚:Lana I'm sorry, k? I overreacted! I just want 2 make sure ur safe."

"Mike😜😚:How many times do I have to apologize Lan? Ik u grown, but u still my lil sis and I need 2 make sure u not getting involved wit some punk ass foolish idiot that don't really care 4 u."

I sighed then called Mike. He can be an ass sometimes, but he just wants to make sure I'm okay. "Hello?" he answered. "Hey." I replied. "Hey, so you finally decided to give me a call?" I shrugged. "I'm just now seeing your messages." I explained to him. "I went by your place earlier to apologize, but you weren't home."

"Work."

"Yea, listen, I know yesterday I might have been a little-"

"Crazy?"

"Not the word I was looking for, but sure—I love you and if some idiot was to ever hurt you then I'd go nuts. Me, Sean, and Aaron all promised mommy that we would keep you safe before she...you know." I sighed. "I just wanted to keep you safe Lana." I looked up from my phone and heard a knock on the door. "Hurry up Curly Top, I can't wait to watch your face once I put in this movie." Odell jokes from the other side of the closed door. With my hand over the speaker, I responded. "Okay, one minuet." I turned my attention back to the phone.

"Okay Mike, I forgive you." I said without a second thought. "I have to go now-" I was about to hang up, but I heard him still speaking through the phone. "You sure we good?" he asked reassuringly. "Yes Mike, we cool. I'll call you tomorrow." and with that, I hung up.

"Curly top! C'mon ma!"

"Coming!" I yelled then tossed my phone on the bed. I walked down the stairs then went in to the living room. Odell had a pizza box sitting on the coffee table. He was kneeling down by the tv trying to put the movie in. I went over to the couch and took a seat. Dre and Tsar jumped up on the couch next to me, leaving no room for Odell. I rubbed both of their heads. Odell got up then walked over to us. Once he saw there was no space, he told Dre to move. Dre moved but then just jumped right in his lap.

"They're so adora-"

"Hardheaded, I know." he said interrupting me. I giggled then shook my head. "No, they're adorable." Odell sighed then grabbed the remote. He pressed play on the movie then scotched closer to me. "Off the couch y'all." the two dogs whined a little then did what Odell said. I smiled a little then placed my head on Odell's shoulder. His arm wrapped around me and his lips pressed on my forehead. "Gimme kiss." he said. I looked up then pecked his lips.

"You got some soft ass lips Curly Top."
-
At least Mike apologized. That was nice😊 Do you think her brothers are right for being so protective? I mean..they did promise their mom they'd look after her.🤔

I also wanted to ask you guys about me making another Odell story. I have this really good idea and I'm afraid if I don't act on it, I'll lose it😂 so tell me if I should start the new story soon or if I should just focus all my attention on this one. If I was to upload then I think some chapters of this story would be uploaded faster only because I do have a number of these chapters done already just not uploaded. The new book would probably be a little more spaced out when it comes to time. But just tell me "yes new story." Or "no new story"