•61•

•61•

I sniffled while trying to finish up this kitchen. I was up all last night fixing Odell's kitchen and living room after he went on his complete rampage. The only two things I've been doing were cleaning and crying. I was crying for numerous reasons. One being the way that he talked to me yesterday. All I wanted to do was help him because I already know the end result of all the decisions he's been making so far. This situation is all too familiar to me and usually everyone that goes through it never makes it out. The other reason being that I was worried like hell. He hadn't been home for a little over fifteen hours now. When he left he was high. He could be doing anything right now. He could even be hurt.

I called his phone a billion times, but got no answer. He wouldn't respond so I had to call his mom to see if she could find him. When I talked to Ms. Heather she told me that she had no idea where he could have went to. I was going to call Crystal, but I thought about it. All she was going to tell me to do was to not worry about him. And if he gets himself in to trouble then let it be his fault. I couldn't just do that though. I know Odell isn't in his right mind. Those pills are fucking him up.

I stopped thinking once I heard loud knocks on the door. I got up immediately then opened it. "Hey, are you okay?" Ms. Heather asked while putting a hand on each one of my shoulders. I choked on some tears and shook my head. She sighed then pulled me into a hug. "You didn't do anything wrong, it's okay Alana." she whispered in my ear while I sobbed in her arms. "He was so mad at me...I just wanted to help him." she nodded. "I know sweetheart, I swear he loves you..this isn't my son." I pulled away then wiped my eyes. "I don't know where he is and I'm worried about him, he left here high," I explained to her. "He could be hurt or in trouble, he's not thinking straight."

"Maybe we should call the police." she suggested while pulling me in to the living room. I took a seat on the couch and shook my head while she went for the house phone. "I tried that already, he's grown and they can't do anything until it's been past twenty-four hours since he left." she sighed, "I know Odell, he'll turn up somewhere." I ran my fingers through my hair and took deep breaths. Then my phone started to go off in my pocket.

I looked to God and begged for it to be Odell. I pulled it out and saw my Aunt's name on the caller I.D. "Hey Auntie, I'm a little busy right now (*sniffle*) can I call you later?"

"Oh sure baby, but have you been crying sweetie?!"

"No...I have a cold."

"Oh uh okay, I just wanted to call you and tell you that I'll be on a plane next week to come and see my favorite children! I love you!"

"I love you too Aunt Rita."

I hung the phone up and Ms. Heather came and took a seat next to me. "I talked to his dad to see if he heard from him at all, he said no." she informed me. "I tried calling Jarvis a couple times too, he won't pick up the phone for some reason." I side eyed her real quick then looked back down at my phone. I guess Odell forgot to mention to his mom what a shitty friend he's been recently. "It's going to be okay though, I'll turn on some tv and make some tea." she got off the couch and reached for the remote. "Maybe that'll help take your mind off this until he shows up." I nodded then watched her walk into the kitchen.

The tv was on, but helping me little. My mind was racing because all I could do was think about this boy. He needed me and I wasn't going to stop until he got some help. Before I made the mistake of thinking I could help him all on my own, but now I know this has to be treated by professionals.

"Um Alana!? What happened to my son's wall?!" Ms. Heather asked from the kitchen. "He did that before he left!" I replied.

She ducked her head into the living room then nodded nonchalantly. She came all the way back in then took a seat on the couch next to me. "I remember when he was little, him and his cousin were wrestling around and that big head of his put a dent right in my family room wall. I was so mad, but I couldn't stop laughing at the fact of that little boy's head being that hard." the both of us chuckled. "He's always had a hard head, I think it was from all those concussions." I looked up at her.

"Football?"

"Yea..mostly from him doing dumb stuff though." she giggled. "One time he thought it would be a good idea to jump from the roof over to the tree in front of my house..boy said he was doing parkour." I rolled my eyes then smirked. "Messed around and found himself on the front lawn with a broken arm and subdural hematoma." Oh Lordy Odell.

"I was in that hospital room with him for hours, he promise me he would never do something dumb like that again," I looked up at her and saw pain in her eyes. "Just like the day he promised me he would never abuse this shit again." Ms. Heather began to get choked up. I sat there and had no clue what to do. "My son has always been a little special, but that day he told me about you..I knew that you were going to do something to him. Change him, for the better." I pushed my hair behind my ear. "He loves you so much, I'm just afraid he's going to mess this up..and I don't want to see him destruct once you've had enough." I shook my head.

"I know this isn't him, you don't have to worry about me going anywhere." I assured her. I love Odell more than anything. I plan on being with him for a long time. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

"You say that now, I was madly in love with his father. Both of them act the exact same. I think that's why he hasn't been able to keep a girlfriend very long. I promised myself I would stick through it all with that man, but I got fed up. A woman can only take so much." I nodded. "I understand, but when I first met Odell I knew something was special about him. It was like love at first sight for me. I know it had to be something similar for him. We'll make it, I swear."

She looked up and smiled at me. "I love how hopelessly in love and devoted you are to my son. I pray your relationship is a long term situation." Ms. Heather wiped her eyes then pulled herself together.

"Okay, now time to put my big girl panties on." she took a deep breath then her phone buzzed. "My girlfriend says to turn to the news." I grabbed the remote and turned the channel. "High schools across Minnesota are now closing down, including world renown high school Windom Senior High, all due to lack of insufficient government funding. Parents' have been complaining and plan on demanding some type of effort to rebuild schools with support from the mayor." the news reported stated. Ms. Heather sighed then frowned. "Aw my old high school, so many memories back then."

"That's sad Janice," the anchor next to her said on the tv. "Heather VanNorman is alumni to Windom." I smiled at her and saw her blush a little. "Yea, mother of Odell Beckham Jr. Speaking of Odell Beckham Jr., the NFL star has been arrested earlier today due to some assault charges against a pharmacist at a local Walgreens."

We looked at each other. "Start the car, I'm going to go turn off the tea."
-
Oh no Odell!!😫 Not the big house! You too cute for that shit! You think he'll be happy to see Alana and Heather?🤔