•63•

•63•

"Work sucks so much without you Lana." Crystal said to me over the phone. I smiled a little then shrugged. "That's sweet, but I'm kinda happy I don't have to be bothered with the diner," I replied. "Plus I don't have to deal with the two rats because now they can't contact me."

Tasha and Amber only knew where I worked, they had no idea where I stayed or if I was at Odell's place. If one of them was to show up here then there would be an issue, a very big issue. Amber is irrelevant to me because I know that she's nothing more to Odell than a couple of fucks. It's just Tasha that knows how to get under my skin. What she said to me in the diner still pretty much haunts me. It makes me wonder if Odell actually meant all those things he confessed to saying. I know I shouldn't worry about it because he always proved his loyalty to me, but I just can't shake the idea of him telling Tasha that he wanted her.

"Yea I guess that's a good thing," she agreed. "How's life over there with your little fugitive?" I rolled my eyes. I'm convinced everyone knew about Odell's little bad boy spree. I had to talk to my dad about the situation first, only because he would be the easiest to convince that everything was already. The real trouble was with Sean.

Aaron just kind of lectured me about the dangers of people with short tempers. Everything he was say was obviously self explanatory, but I guess he was just worried about me. Mike actually gave props to Odell for beating up the pharmacist. The entire conversation was basically him saying how he would have done the same thing. He said if he was paying for something he'd except an employee to do whatever it is they're supposed to do. I don't take Mike seriously because he's a hot head. He'd beat anybody up over the smallest things. Plus he doesn't know about Odell's issue.

Sean was pissed..no, more like livid. He basically broke it down to about twenty reason why I should break up with Odell. If I suspected he hated him before..I know he hates him now. I was planning on telling him that I was staying at Odell's place, but decided against it afterwards.

"He's not a fugitive, he made a mistake." I replied, defending him. "Aww that's so cute, his little mistake got him in a lot of trouble though..might wanna tell him to cool it."

"I have-hold on Crystal." I put the phone down and watched as Odell basically sprinted over to me on the couch. "Hey." he said in a low tone then rough and quickly pecked my cheek. He had workout clothes and a duffle bag in his hand. "Hey, going somewhere?" I asked. "Yea, the gym. Be back in a couple hours." he rushed out the living room and left. That was strange. Why was he in such a rush? Pretty sure the gym stays open until midnight. It's only two in the afternoon. I sighed then put the phone back up to my ear. "He's so weird." I said to Crystal. She laughed. "I thought the hair would have told you that the day you met him." I giggled softly. "But he's so damn cute." I whined. "Bye girl. I have to go, but I'll call you later."

"Okay, bye."

I hung the phone up and tossed it to the side. In came Tzar and Dre. I smiled as the both of them jumped on the couch besides me. I showed them some love then flicked the tv on. I loved watching TMZ, but I didn't want a reminder of Odell's run in with the law yesterday so I decided to leave it alone. I turned to something else, but then my phone started ringing. I quickly grabbed it and saw that Jake was trying to reach me. "Hey Jake, what's up?" I answered. "Nothing much, just wanted to check on you." I smiled a little. "That's nice, I'm fine though."

"How are things with you and..Odell?" I sighed. "They're—things are fine." I choose not to get too in depth with Jacob about the situation Odell and I were facing at the moment. A part of me didn't want to bring up our problems because that would only make me more upset. Another part didn't want to tell him because I didn't want to hear him say he told me so. "Even after the shit I've been seeing on the news?"

The both of us laughed.

"I mean, that was just like a little bump in the road," I explained. "But we're okay now."

"That's good, I just hope he's treating you right. You don't need someone who would take advantage of you. You deserve so much better than that." I blushed. "Thanks Jake."

"I tried talking to my dad, but he's really not budging." I shrugged. "I told you it's fine Jake, I'll be alright." then I began to think. I needed a job. There was no way I was going to be able to stay with Odell forever. I need my apartment. And I can't keep it unemployed. Then I shifted to that day I was in the diner working. A smile grew on my face. "Jake I have to call you back."

"Oh, okay."

He hung the phone up and I got off the couch. "I'll be right back guys." I told Dre and Tzar then walked out to my car. In the cup holder was the same card a lady had given me that day while I was working. I picked it up then looked at the number. I was nervous at first, but decided I needed to toughen up. I needed a job. And I refuse to stay here and let Odell take care of me. I let out a sigh then dialed the number.

"Sierra speaking from Ms. Shannon's line at Wilhelmina Modeling, how may I assist you this evening?"
-
I haven't updated in a couple days and I apologize 😔 But what's up with Odell? Why he in such a rush?🤔