•28•

•28•

It was ten o'clock and I was just laying down on the couch. I didn't want to speak to anyone or even move from this spot. The squirrel really upset me today. It's another thing to try and stunt on me because I'm not at all bothered by it. Some girls get paid for doing the dumbest shit, usually involves taking their clothes off for men or walking around the city half naked. I know that I wouldn't be able to do that just because of how I was raised. I also know that I shouldn't judge so I don't. She can do whatever she wants and has to do to pay her bills. And that's exactly what I do. My job feeds me and keeps me warm so other girls trying to make me feel bad about it doesn't really bother me. What pissed me off the most is how she threw that cash in my face then walked off like a scared little girl.

A lot of people had been blowing my phone up, even Odell. But I wasn't in the mood to speak. While on the couch, I heard my door being knocked on pretty hard. I sighed then walked over to it. Who was banging on my door like the police?

I swung the door open then rolled my eyes once I saw who was on the other side. "Hey." Sean said in a low tone. "Hey.." I replied with absolutely no emotion in my voice. "You still mad at me?" he asked while coming in. I shut the door behind him then waited for him to turn and face me. "Am I still a hoe?" he looked away from me then took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, alright?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Don't be mad at me anymore." I walked over to my couch and sat down.

I ignored him then turned on my tv. He snatched the remote then turned my television off. "You're rude as hell." I said. "I'm trying to apologize to you and you're worried about the damn tv." I shrugged. "Last time I checked, I was twenty years old so if I want to watch tv then I can."

"Okay and last time I checked, you were still my little sister."

"Your grown little sister." I argued. "How many time you gon' say that? I get it, you're grown." he said. "No, obviously you don't." I replied. "Yes I do and I'm apologizing because I was wrong. C'mon Lan, I said I was sorry...and you know I don't like saying sorry." I shrugged then thought about it for a minuet. Sean does hate to admit whenever he's wrong so maybe he actually did mean it. Plus, to be honest, I didn't like being upset with him. "Fine." I said with a small smirk.

"Alright, so we cool?" I nodded. "Good so I'm meeting this guy tomorrow night, huh?"

"Yea."

"What's he like? Because if he plans on dating my sister then he has to pass my test." I sighed then got off the couch. I grabbed Sean's arm then pulled him up as well. "I'm not explaining him to you now, you'll meet him tomorrow night." I said while pulling him to the front door. He rolled his eyes then opened the door ready to leave, but then stopped once we saw a familiar face.

"Aunt Rita! What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised and a little nervous at the same time. She had a small smirk on her face. It was clear that she was hiding something behind her back. She walked in making sure that whatever she was hiding was not exposed in the process of her coming inside. She then tossed the object on the couch. I couldn't make out exactly what it was, but my best bet would have to be a book. "I'm here to speak with you." she replied. Sean sighed. "I'm assuming this is girl stuff, I'm out, see you Aunt Rita." he said then pecked her on the cheek. Sean stepped out while closing the door behind him. "You okay?" I asked her. She just kept a little smirk on her face. Then she took a seat on the couch. I just wanted to know what she knew and why she wasn't just telling me already. I sighed then sat down next to her. "Aunt Rita-"

"I was on the phone with one of my old friends from high school about an hour ago." I shrugged. "Okay and.."

"And she has a daughter currently in high school."

"I don't see how this-"

"Her daughter is very much so in to sports..especially football. I bet you could guess what her favorite team is." I had a slight feeling I knew where my aunt was going with this. It scared me and also made me confused on how I should respond to her. Maybe I'm thinking something totally different from her. Might as well hear her out first instead of incriminating myself by accident. "Do you know who her favorite team is Alana?" I shrugged then tried playing it off with a laugh. "No, why would I?" Aunt Rita just smirked at me even harder.

"Oh, well like I said, she's a teenager meaning she's in to the latest gossip that goes on around here..especially in New York." suddenly Aunt Rita sat up and pulled a magazine from behind her. "Oh God." I mumbled then face palmed.

"When did you plan on telling me you were seeing a football player?" she questioned. I shrugged. "Tomorrow, I guess. I didn't think you'd find out before I got the chance to introduce you guys."

"Well I did, it's just this article seems a little..far fetched, am I correct?" I nodded then took the magazine away from her. "Yes we were on a date, but no we are not engaged and we are also not expecting a child..I've only been seeing the guys for a little less than a week." she smiled. "You must really like him to have him face the wrath of your brothers and father." I shook my head. "I do really like him, but I'm only doing this so that they'll lay off for a little bit."

"Sweetie, I love you, but I don't think that your brothers are going to lay off this guys once they meet him...especially after they find out who he really is." Aunt Rita confessed. "Really? You don't think so?" she shook her head. "No, I think they'll be even more protective after finding out his status." I sighed. What if Aunt Rita was right? Odell isn't just an ordinary guy to them..me yes, but my brothers no. Even though he's down to earth around me, I think my brothers will still over look that side of him and only focus on the side the media portrays him as..and that's a jackass with nice hair and loads of girls.

I always thought that it was too early for him to meet my family and I think I just got my confirmation that it is. I have to find a way to hold this out a little longer. I'm not ready to lose Odell.
-
Y'all think Aunt Rita was right about her brothers? And do you think it was a good idea for Alana to stall this meeting out longer?🤔🤔