•46•

•46•

"Yes Odell I got the flowers," I said to him over the phone. "They're beautiful, but I still need time to myself..just to reflect on things." I heard a sigh. "But I'm sorry, I should have told you the truth about Tasha and I should have never accused you of sleeping with Jarvis. Alana I miss you so much. Jarvis won't pick up any of my calls, he's not speaking to me." he complained. "I feel so alone right now and I need you here." I sighed. "I'm sorry to hear that, but time apart should do us good. We've honestly spend almost everyday together since we started dating."

"What's wrong with that?"

"The problem is that maybe all the issues we're going through now stem from us spending so much time together." I heard him chuckle. "So what are you a relationship therapist now?" I smirked then rolled my eyes. "Haha very funny, but I'm serious. My feelings were hurt and I need sometime to myself." I said. I wasn't budging just because Odell bought me some flowers. They were nice, but I still wanted to think about some things before we moved on from this. "So what does this mean for us?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What does this mean for us Lana? Are we still together? Are we done? Are we seeing other people?" I looked down at my feet and thought about it. I still wanted to be with Odell, but I also needed some time to think about things for myself. And while I'm doing that I can't force him to sit around and wait. Of course it would hurt me to have to tell him that it's okay for him to do whatever it is that he wants to do when it comes to other females, but it's the right thing to do. He'll make the right decision if he really does love me like he says he does.

"I love you, but I want this time apart. If we could work it out sometime later on then maybe..but for now-"

"Lana you're not giving me a straight answer. You want to be with me or not?" I could tell he was getting frustrated with me so I decided to be as truthful as I could be. "Of course I want to be with you, I'm just angry. Give me some space." I took a seat on my couch. "For how long? I don't want to wait to see my girlfriend. Just a couple days ago we were all good now because of one mistake I made you want to take a break?" I shrugged. "I'm sorry, I don't know what else to tell you."

"You can tell me the truth! You love me or not? Are we going to put this petty shit to the side or not? Or are you going to end our relationship because of shit that happened before I even knew you existed?"

"I do love you, I want to put this shit aside eventually, and it's not the fact that it happened it's the fact that you had multiple opportunities to tell me but you didn't." I argued. "I'm tired of talking, like I said before I want space..bye Odell."

"Lana wait-!"

I hung the phone up then quickly shut it off. I laid down on the couch and began to drift away in my thoughts. Maybe I was being a little too hard on Odell. I love him and I want him to be with me. I just really want some thinking time and I don't think that's too much to ask.
~
"Damn it! What is going on with your boyfriend?" asked an angered Mike as he got off the couch to go stand in front of the tv. I shrugged. "I don't know I haven't spoken to him in a couple days." I replied. "What do you mean you don't know? This is the fifth drop today...it's only the second quarter Alana!" I shrugged again. "Mike, I don't know."

"Are y'all okay?" Aaron asked.

I sighed then nodded. "I guess you can say that." Sean looked at me with confusion in his face. "He do something to you?" I shook my head. "No, calm down. He didn't do anything, we're just taking a break for a little bit." I explained to them. "What happened?" asked Aaron. I didn't answer. I just kept looking at the screen. He was doing terrible out there, but for some reason I didn't think it had anything to do with our phone conversation.

Every time the camera would close up to him he would look completely out of it. He looked drowsy or tired. He moved as slow as a sloth. All of his runs were sluggish and he couldn't stand up straight to save his life. It worries me especially because this was the game determining whether or not they go to the play offs. Without this win the team is done for the season. He needs to get his shit together. At least for the sake of his fans and teammates.

"I don't really care what happened, you just tell him that non of us will ever forgive him if he loses this game." I rolled my eyes at Mike's insensitive comment. I got off the couch. "Lana, if you're going in the kitchen could you grab me a beer?" my dad asked politely. I nodded. "Okay daddy."

"Me too Lana." Sean said.
"Same!" Mike exclaimed.
"And over here please?" I rolled my eyes at Aaron. "Still no, huh?"

"Next year boy, then you can drink all the beers you want." my dad assured him. I went into the kitchen and grabbed their stuff. Then I stood at the counter and thought about Odell. He looked a mess, and I'm not talking about on the field. I didn't want to speak with him, but I knew exactly who I could call. I reached down in my pocket and dialed her number. "Hello Ms. Alana." she greeted my warmly over the phone. "Hi Ms. Heather," I replied. "I was just calling you to see if Odell was okay." I heard her sigh. "I have no idea Alana, I think I know why, but he made me promise not to tell anyone about it."

"Okay, that's fine, I just wanted to know if he was alright. I don't know if he told you about us, but we haven't spoken in awhile."

"He has told me about that, I think he'd be really happy to know that you called and checked up on him." I smiled.

"Thank you."
-
At least she cares😌 What do you think the cause of Odell's performance is? And why do you think Ms. Heather isn't allowed to tell a soul?🤔

Y'all see that drama wit Odell/Jarvis/Jordan yesterday?😳