•77•

•77•

"Happy birthday dear Jazzy! Happy birthday to you!" everyone at the party sang. I smiled as Odell's little sister blew out her candles. She looked so pretty and grown up. I know he would have been proud to see her growing up like this. "Happy birthday babydoll!" Ms. Heather came from behind and kissed Jazzy on the cheek. I watched and felt happy for her. It kinda made me feel like crying, but not in a bad way! Just because I was having mother issues doesn't mean I shouldn't feel happy for Jasmine.

I slowly crept up on the two with Jazzy's gift bag in my hand. I cleared my throat and the both of them turned around with smiles on their face. "Hey!" Ms. Heather greeted then hugged me. I hugged back then handed Jazzy her gift. She smiled then pulled out the top I had got for her. Ms. Shannon had let me picked some items from her clothing line before she drops them. I saw this really cute shirt and thought Jasmine would look perfect in it.

"Omg! This is so cute!" Jazzy exclaimed then hugged me. I was a little surprised, but very happy. I hugged Jazzy back then shrugged. "Thank you so much!"

"It was nothing. My boss's clothing line is dropping soon so I thought it would be cool for you to wear something that hasn't even come out yet," the both of us laughed. "Your friends are going to be so jealous." I whispered to her. She smiled then shrugged. Jazzy walked away which left Ms. Heather and I to ourselves. "C'mon, let's get some air." I nodded then we both walked outside. We stood in the driveway and just talked for a little while. "You okay?" she asked. I nodded vigorously without being able to hide my smile. She chuckled then grabbed my hand. "Excited?"

I guess she saw right through me. Finally, after weeks and weeks of waiting, I'll be able to visit Odell tomorrow morning. I had got a call from the facility yesterday afternoon. They told me Odell was doing really well and they're letting him take visitings from close friends and family. They also said he asked for me specifically so I guess I'll be the only one going tomorrow. "Of course I'm excited! I miss him so much! I just wanna hug and kiss him and just be able to talk to him about all the stuff that's been going on." I admitted. I had so much to talk to Odell about. I needed to tell him about how things with Ms. Shannon are going. My family. And I was debating on whether or not I should tell him about Luke and Josh. I didn't want to hide anything from him. And I damn sure wanted to expose Luke for the asshole that he is. But I didn't want him to get worked up or stress about the situation either.

"I bet he's just as happy to see you Alana." I shrugged. "I hope, I just want him to get out of there and be a new person..a better person." she nodded. "I know, and I'd just like to thank you one more time for everything you've done for my son." I shook my head. "No, Ms. Heather you don't have to thank me. I love Odell. You don't have to ask me to be there for him. I do it because I want to."

"I know it's just- Jarvis?!?" I shot around and saw Jarvis walking up the driveway with a gift bag in his hand. I smiled at him while Ms. Heather walked past me to give him a hug. "Hey baby!" she exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around him tightly. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

He pulled away from the hug then opened his arms up for me. I walked into his chest then hugged him back. I pulled away then he turned to Ms. Heather again. "Just 'cause me and Big Head Baby Beckham havin' issues don't mean I would forget about my little sister's birthday," he explained. "She'd never forgive me."

Ms. Heather smiled. "She's inside, c'mon-"

"Actually, could I get a couple minutes with Lana. We'll be real quick." she nodded then walked into the house leaving us outside by ourselves. He sighed. "How's you doin'? I'm a little surprised to see you here."

I was a little confused. "What do you mean? Why wouldn't I be here?" Jarvis stuffed his hands in his pockets then raised his eyebrow at me. "Are you serious? What do you not watch tv or something?" I shook my head. "Not that often. Why?" he just stared at me for a minuet which kind of freaked me out. I didn't understand what the problem was. "I'm so sorry Lana. I just..I think I should get in the party." he was about to walk away, but I grabbed his arm. "Is something wrong?"

"...No, forget I even said anything."
-
This chapter was a little short. Excited to hear from Big Head Baby Beckham yet again?😂 You think Lana should tell him about Luke and Josh?😔 What do you think Jarvis was talking about?🤔