•20•

•20•

I hadn't stopped crying since last night. It was now six o'clock in the morning and I was still up. I called Crystal about three hours ago and she was here as soon as I told her about the situation. Right now all she had been doing was listening to me rant and complain in this sobbing voice of mine. She's definitely a huge help. "It's going to be okay Lana, I promise." I shook my head. "No, my brother thinks I'm a hoe and now Odell probably doesn't want to deal with me anymore."

"Don't jump to conclusions like that, you have no idea what he's thinking." she argued. "And that's the problem! I have no idea what he's thinking which is making me freak out." I explained to her. Odell could be thinking a number of things. He could be thinking the truth—I have a psycho family who won't give me control over myself if their own lives depended on it. Or something completely different. And if he was thinking something completely off then that could have made the situation ten times more complicated than it already was.

"How about you call him and find out what he's thinking?" Crystal suggested. I shook my head. "He was so drunk last night, I probably wouldn't get a response from him until two this afternoon," I said. "That is if he even wants to talk to me." Crystal got off my bed then went over to the dresser. She grabbed my phone then tossed it to me. "Won't find out until you try." I sighed then sat up. She sat down next to me then watched as I called Odell. I put the ringing phone to my ear. I didn't expect an answer, but I got one.

"Hello?" he answered the phone in a groggy voice. He must've just woken up. His sleepy voice was insanely sexy. It just made me want him even more at this moment. "Hey," I responded. "It's me." I heard him huff.

"Alana?" he questioned.

"Um, yea."

"Why are you calling me?" he asked in a cold tone. I sighed then felt myself about to cry again. "I just wanted to talk to you about last night. I get that it might have seemed bad but-" he cut me off. "Oh it was bad, was that your actual boyfriend or something? Were just playing me this entire time?" he asked. I could feel his anger and pain through the phone. I never wanted it to seem like I was messing around on him. Especially after him calling me his girlfriend last night.

"No Odell, that was my brother. I can explain everything to you if you just give me the chance." it was silent on the other end. "Y-your brother?" he asked, reassuring he heard me correctly. "Yea, can we please meet up so that we can talk more about this?"

"Um yea I guess, I'll text you my address. I'm here all day so swing by whenever."

"Okay, I'm on my way."
~
"So they're crazy protective over you, huh?" he asked. I sighed then nodded. Odell had made us coffee and now we were sitting on his couch talking about what took place last night. "I'm so sorry, last night wasn't supposed to happen the way it did." he shook his head then grabbed my hand. "No, it's okay..damn it." he face palmed. He looked really upset..maybe guilty.

"I'm such an idiot." I smiled warmly then shook my head. "No you're not, you didn't know." he sat up then shook his head again. "No, it's much worse than what you think." I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

He looked up with sad eyes. "Nothing," Odell got off the couch then grabbed the two coffee mugs from off the table. He walked in to the kitchen. I sighed then followed him. He was washing the mugs out so I just stood there and watched him. He kept shaking his head and mumbling something. "Odell? What's wrong?" he dropped the mugs in the sink then turned to me. "I fucked up, real bad." he said then put his head down. "What did you do?" he wouldn't answer.

At this point I wasn't really worried about it. Whatever it is he did, we could work on it. "Listen, whatever it is..we can still be cool, right?" I asked. He looked down at me with seriousness in his face. He grabbed my waist then gently guided me to his countertop. He licked those full lips of his then pressed them against mines. I smiled through the kiss then wrapped my arms around his neck. Then I felt myself being lifted up. He placed me on the countertop without breaking the kiss. I wrapped both of my legs around his waist, still keeping our lips locked. He slowly pulled away then pecked my forehead.

"Alana, I need to know if you're as serious about us as I am." he said without making eye contact with me. "I know it's only been a little bit, but I genuinely have feelings for you." I blushed then nodded. "I'm serious about us I'm just..just-" I couldn't even tell him I was scared to be in a relationship with him. Of course I always thought about it since our first date, but I just think so many factors would be an issue in our relationship. Not even just my brothers, but his career. How many young, handsome, famous, wealthy, and athletic men do you know that can be in a relationship without giving in to that single and free lifestyle.

"Just what Alana?"

"I don't know, I guess nervous." I confessed. "I know the life I live is different from yours, but we can make this work." Odell grabbed both of my hands. "Alana, I want this to be something we have and possibly share for a long time." I looked down and went in to my thoughts. This isn't like being with a normal guy...its Odell Beckham Jr. The guy who's mostly famous for his Catch. Adored by millions of people. He could have any girl he wants..and he wants me.

"But I told you about my family and-"

"I'm not afraid of your family and neither should you be." I smiled. If he didn't have a problem with my brothers than I won't either. I nodded. "Is that a yes?" he asked with a small smile on his face. I blushed a little then nodded again.
-
Yay!! Alana and Odell at official!! Now let the drama begin😈...