Chapter 1

Cascade

My name is Cascade Carson. My story begins when my entire family, even the family I haven't met, got killed a week after my 16th birthday. I was in Horseshoe Bend, Idaho at the time, living with my grandparents until the end of sophomore year. Since my family friends got killed as well, I had to go to an orphanage in Boise. I stayed there for a few months, until today, when a man and his daughter, who looked around my age, came and adopted me. As we left the orphanage, he said, "My name is Andrew Tentrue, and this is my daughter, Jessica." The girl, who had orange hair, turned to me and said, "Hi, I know we just met, but I feel like we are going to be great friends. By the way, what's your name?" I said, "My name is Cascade."

Jessica said, "Cool name, can I call you Cass?" I said, "Sure, sounds like a legit nickname." I was excited and nervous because I finally met someone my age, but I barely knew these people. Once we got to their house and went inside, Jessica grabbed my arm and said, "Come on, I'll show you to your room." She took me up the stairs to a room that had a bed with a headboard, a nightstand, a T.V., and a desk. Jessica said, "I know it's not much, but with a little work, we can make it look awesome." I said, "As long as there's no pink, I'm fine, I hate that color." Jessica said, "I do too. If you don't mind me asking, why do you wear glasses?"

I said, "I'm nearsighted." Then, the doorbell rang. "Oh, it's my friend, Will. I told him that we were going to adopt someone today and I invited him over to meet you. Come on." She dragged me back downstairs and answered the door. Standing there was a boy with dark hair who looked around our age. He said, "Hey, Jessy. Who's your friend?" I said, "My name's Cascade." He said, "Nice to meet you, the name's Will Danser. Do you like baseball?" I said, "Not really, but I am good at throwing." Will smiled and said, "Sweet, let's go to the Baseball arena." Jessica said, "Wait, we've got to make sure it's okay with my dad."

We went to Mr. Tentrue and asked if we could go. He said, "Yes, but Jessica, remember, if you see anything unusual or something happens, call your other friends, okay?" "Okay dad, I will." Jessica said. I was curious about the other friends, but I decided to ask later. a few minutes later, Jessica, Will, and I were playing baseball. After a few hours, it started getting dark, so we started heading home. Will said, "Hey, I know a shortcut to your house, let's take it." Jessica and I were unsure at first, but we agreed. I said, "So, who are your other friends?" Jessica said, "Oh, their names are Aaron, Tristan, Drake, and Max." She leaned in closer so Will couldn't hear. "Aaron's my boyfriend. Promise not to tell Will?" I smiled and said, "I promise. When can we meet them?"

Jessica gave me an uneasy look, then said, "When the time's right." Just then, a gang showed up. Each member had a red arrow tattoo on each of their arms. Jessica gasped and said, "It's the Red Arrows. They're a gang that tries to steal from everybody. I'm going to call Aaron." Will stepped in and said, "Don't worry, toots, I'll take care of them." Jessica rolled her eyes and pulled out a phone that looked like it was covered in scales. She dialed a number and raised the phone to her ear. She said, "Aaron, we're being attacked by the Red Arrows, can you come and help? Okay, see you in a few." Jessica hung up and said, "They'll be here in a few minutes." One of the members grabbed my arm. I yelled. "Hey! Let go of me!" When he refused, I punched him in the nose, breaking it.

Then, four shadowy figures came and beat up all the members, who ran away afterwards. As the gang ran away, I looked up at our saviors and I couldn't believe my eyes.

-------------------------------------

Cliffhanger!!!!!!!! Sorry, I just had to.