Chapter 6

I went with him to the lab, leaving a confused Drake behind. In the lab, Aaron sat me down and said, "Are you scared of Drake?" I looked towards the ground and said, "Yes, he sort of scares me. Why do you ask?" Aaron rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at me for a moment. Suddenly, he asked, "Do you like Drake?" At that moment, I was pretty sure my face grew as red as a tomato. I said, "Why would you ask that?" He smiled and said, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone if you like him." My face heated up even more when he said that. I said, "Well, considering that he's kind of mean to me, I'm not sure."

Right as I said that, Jessica came in and said, "What are you talking about?" I looked down and said,"Nothing important." She shrugged and said, "Okay then." Then Aaron said, "Oh, um, Drake told me about your always cold issue and asked me to take a look at it." I jumped out of my seat and said, "It's fine, nothing to worry about." As I walked towards the door. Aaron stood up and said, "Cascade, your cold problem might be a serious thing to worry about."

I was right next to the door and said, "Like I said, it's fine. It's normal." Jessica was about to say something when I ran out the door. Unfortunately, I didn't get far, as Drake was right outside of the door. He picked me up and said, "You're not going anywhere until Aaron figures out your problem."." A few minutes after he sat me down, I sighed. I said, "I'm not really cold all the time. I just didn't want people to worry." After saying that, I took off my jacket.

D

After Cascade took off her jacket, she revealed to have scars on her arms. Why did she have those? Aaron looked at her and said, "Why were you cutting yourself? I thought you didn't feel pain." I looked at Cascade as she said, "The only reason I don't feel pain is because I've learned to ignore it. After a few months of leaving Germany, I sunk into depression. Around April, I started cutting myself because I knew I wouldn't be able to see my friends again. I still talk to Fang, but only by e-mail. My cutting got worse when my family died."

I then saw tears run down her face, but she didn't make a sound. Then, her brother Henry came in and saw her. He walked up to me and said, "What did you do to my sister?" Cascade wiped her eyes and said, "Drake didn't do anything, Henry." He looked at her and said, "Then why are you crying?"

C

I wasn't sure how to respond to that, so I just held out my arms. He looked at my scars, then looked up at me and said, "Why?" I explained my problem all over again. Henry wrapped me in an one armed hug and said, "You're not alone anymore. You have me, our brothers, and your new friends here with you, and maybe eventually, we may run into your friend, Fang, sometime, she sounds awesome." I sniffled and said, "That's the nicest thing someone's ever said to me, thank you."

I smiled. Then Alex poked his head in and said, "Hey, can I steal Henry and Cascade for a moment?" Henry and I stood up and walked over to Alex. We went to a different room and Alex said, "Hey, I'm going to head to my new job, did you guys want anything for tomorrow?" Henry looked at him and said, "Why tomorrow? And you should probably take Cascade along; she's having a little dilemma here."

Alex looked at him and said, "I got a job as a night guard at a kid's pizzeria, the time is from midnight to six a.m. And I could see if the boss will allow for me to have her with me for the night." I looked at him and said, "What pizzeria?" Alex thought for a moment and said, "I think it was called 'Ricky Robin's Pizzeria.' It is meant for kids. Anyways, we should probably go now."

----------------------------------------------

I got inspiration from the first Five Nights At Freddy's game and other fanfics about that. So, this next chapter should be fun.