Chapter 7

"So all we have to do is check the cameras in case the animatronics move?" I asked. Alex listened to the phone call. After it ended, he said, "Okay, so the animatronics do move, and we have limited power, and, according to the phone, if the animatronics see us, they see us as endoskeletons, and it's against the rules that endoskeletons are out of the suit, so they will try to stuff us into suits that already have endoskeletons in them. If they come by the doorways, we have to close one of the doors, which uses our power."

I looked at him and said, "Okay, but I didn't catch what the animatronics were." Alex looked at the cameras and said, "There's a robin, obviously, a cat, a crocodile, and another that we have to keep an eye on in Pirate's Shore." I looked over as he switched over to the camera in Pirate's Shore, which looked like something was peeking out of the curtain. I yawned as I checked the time. It was one a.m. Alex looked up and said, "So, what's your little dilemma Henry was talking about?"

I looked at him and said, "Well, Aaron asked if I like Drake and I told him that I wasn't sure because he's a bit mean. I mean, I would like to get to know him, but he just scares me, I'm not sure why." I looked down and sighed. Alex looked at the cameras and said, "You should probably- Where the hell are you?!"

I jumped when he yelled that. Alex started rapidly looking through the cameras. When he stopped, he said, "Close the door!" I was about to when I heard a screech, felt someone trip onto me, and landed on the very hard ground. I looked at the person that landed on top of me. It was a guy with white-gray hair, a pirate suit, ice blue eyes, and... wolf ears? Along with a wolf tale? I felt a little uncomfortable underneath him, so I pushed him off of me and stood up quickly, running to Alex's side. The pirate dude stood up just as quickly and said, "At least I got here before the other landlubbers did. My name be Delta, the pirate wolf, what be yer names?"

Alex looked at him and said, "I'm Alex, and this is my sister, Cascade. Are you one of the other animatronics?" The guy that called himself Delta said, "Aye, but I won't kill you, I be a friend, I was hoping to protect ye from the others." I looked at Alex and said, "Didn't you say there was an animatronic in Pirate's Shore we had to keep an eye on?" Delta's ears perked up and he said, "Argh, that be me."Alex just went back to looking at the cameras, leaving me and Delta in an awkward silence.

Delta looked at me and said, "So, ye be Cascade? That be a pretty neat name for someone like you." I looked away and said, "Your name is pretty cool, too." He scoffed and said, "The other animatronics' names are pretty common for animals." There wasn't enough room for us to sit down in the office, so we sat down in the hall next to the office, with Alex's consult, of course. We sat on opposite walls of each other so we could talk. I said, "So, what are the others like?"

Delta looked at me and said, "Well, the cat be named Katherine, she's really friendly and can cook pretty well. The crocodile be named Charlie, he's a pretty cool person to hang out with and he's excitable. Then there's the robin, his name be Ricky. He be the leader of the three, and he's pretty mean, at least, to me he be." After he said that, his wolf ears drooped in sadness. I looked at him and said, "I don't see why anyone would be so mean to you, you're such a nice guy, I think anyone would would want to be friends with you once they get to know you." After saying that, I leaned in and gave him a hug. He froze for a moment, and then slowly hugged back.

Then suddenly, we heard banging coming from the supply closet. I peeked into the office and saw Alex switch screens. He said, "There's a girl in the closet, you should probably let her out." Delta walked with me as I went to the supply closet. With caution, I open the door. The person inside practically jumped out and landed on top of me. I looked up at Delta and said, "What is it with people and landing on top of me tonight?" He shrugged as the girl on top of me lifted herself up. As soon as she did that, I saw who she was, and recognized her.

It was... Fang? What was she doing here? She looked at me and yelled, "CASCADE!!! I FOUND YOU!!!" and squeezed the air out of me. I tapped her and said, "Hey, can't breathe here. And the floor's not exactly comfortable, either." Fang got off me, helped me up, and said, "Sorry, I didn't expect you to be here tonight. Who's this?" I looked at her and saw that she was looking at Delta. I brought her towards him and said, "Fang, this is Delta, a new friend I made recently. Delta, this is Fang, my best friend." They looked at each other and shook hands.

I looked at Fang and said, "Wait a minute, Fang, what are you doing here, I thought you were in Texas." Fang looked at me and said, "I heard about what happened to your family and decided to come here and comfort you and keep you safe, as your insane best friend would." She did little poses as she explained her reasons. I laughed a little. I noticed that Delta was looking at her in awe; I guessed that's what I saw. I remembered that Alex was here and said to Fang, "Oh, I have some news as well, I apparently have four other brothers, one of them is here, I'll introduce him to you, come with me."

I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the office. When we got there, Alex looked up and said, "Man, you guys are loud, who's this?" I introduced him to Fang and Fang to him. He took a closer look and said, "Please don't take offense to this, but is it me, or are your eyes red?" I looked over at Fang, Delta did the same, and saw her eyes were red, but that's normal. I looked at Alex and said, "I've learned not to question the strange and weird things in life, you'd get a strange or weird answer." Fang looked at him and said, "Oh, I'm just part demon, and also insane."

Alex looked at her for a second and said, "Yeah, you're definitely part demon. I'm not sure if you're familiar with us, with being friends with Cascade for such a long time." Fang looked at me, looked back at Alex, and said, "You both are nephilims. Cascade, WHY HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME?!" I put my hands up in surrender and said, "I didn't know until recently. I kinda just met my brothers yesterday."

"Ahem, I still be here, ya know." Delta said unexpectedly. Suddenly, his ears perked up and he slammed the left door shut. I looked out the window and saw a guy with green-ish hair and a crocodile tail. I stepped back and asked Delta, "Is that Charlie?" Delta nodded.Then we heard knocking coming from the door. "Come on, Delta. You're breaking the rules, you know. Randy won't be happy that you're protecting the humans."

Fang stood in front of the door and said, "HEY CROCKY, you should know that we aren't-" I covered her mouth and whispered, "We don't want anyone else to know we're not human." I let go of Fang and she said, "But he's an animatronic, it's not like he'll be able to tell anyone." I looked at her and said, "Doesn't mean he won't kill us." Fang waved her hand and said, "Psh, I'LL PUT UP A FIGHT before he can even try to hurt us."

Delta stood in front of the door and said, "We don't trust ye, Charlie." We heard Charlie say, "Yeah, it's kind of obvious. You guys won't even tell me that you aren't human." I looked at the clock. It said four a.m. I yawned again. Eventually, Charlie left and Alex opened the door again. I sat in one of the corners and started falling asleep, using Fang as a pillow because why not, she doesn't really care, plus we're best friends.

Suddenly, we heard a bell, indicating that it was six a.m. Delta stood up and said, "I must go; maybe I'll see you guys tomorrow?" Fang and I stood up and I said, "That's up to Alex, but I'll ask." Fang said, " I GO WHEREVER CASSY GOES, but I'd really like to see you again." Delta had a faint blush as he waved goodbye and ran down the hall. Alex came out of the office and said, "Well, let's head back, is Fang coming with us?"

Fang looked at him and said, "OF COURSE, like I said, I go wherever Cassy goes." Alex had an uneasy look on his face as he said, "Well, you'd have to meet our brothers and our friends." Fang jumped up and down saying, "I DON'T CARE, as long as Cascade is here, I'll be fine." We started walking down the street as I yawned. As we passed an alley, I felt someone grab my arm and drag me into the darkness of the alley.

-----------------------------------

So, if you can't tell, I based Randy off of Freddy, Charlie off of Bonnie, Kathrine off of Chica, and Delta off of Foxy. If you didn't know already, Delta is named after the fourth letter of the Grecian alphabet because he is the fourth member of the five animatronics. You'll see the fifth one later...  As for Fang, I based her off of my best friend, who currently lives in Texas.