Chapter 5

C

I was kind of happy when Drake had found me. I walked out in front of him and he sighed in annoyance and said, "Do you always get into trouble?" I shook my head and said, "Not always." Then we kind of stood in an awkward silence after he sent a text to his brothers.

Drake broke the silence when he said, "So, why are you wearing a jacket in the middle of summer, it can't be that cold." I froze for a moment, thinking of what I should say as my cheeks grew red. Finally, I spoke, "I'm always cold, no matter what type of weather it is." He looked at me and said, "Well, we could always have Aaron take a look to see if there's-" I interrupted him by saying, "No, it's fine, I've grown used to it." Drake eyed me for a moment just as his brothers and the new guys that dubbed themselves as my brothers came around.

Max looked at me and Drake and said, "So, what have you two lovebirds been doing?" That set an alarm as Drake said, "We didn't do anything, a-and we're not lovebirds." Tristan ignored them and said, "We should probably head back to our lair to have Cass's brothers meet sensei and to keep her safe."

Time Skip

"I am very disappointed with you. Not only did you let Cascade get kidnapped, but you also revealed yourself to four humans as well." Castle said to the guys. "It's not like we had any choice, the Raith were after her and Jessica." Drake stated. "And they said that they're not humans. They're also her brothers, as they have stated." Aaron said.

Castle sighed and said, "Very well." He turned to my brothers and said, "As you may have guessed, I am Master Castle, the caretaker of Tristan, Drake, Aaron, and Max. What are your names?" The red haired guy stepped forward and said, "It's very nice to meet you, sir. My name is Alex, these are my brothers, Luke (dark brown hair), Jarrod (dirty blonde), and Henry (sling)."

Castle looked Henry for a moment and said, "Henry, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your arm?" Henry stiffened for a moment, and said, "I'd rather not talk about it." Castle eyed him for a moment, turned to Alex, and said, "So tell me, how are you not human?" Alex was quiet for a moment, and then he said, "Can we trust you with our secret?" Drake looked at him and said, "Uh, have you seen us? We're not exactly the type to go out and get groceries."

Alex looked at him for a moment and said, "Fair enough. My brothers, Cascade, and I are, what you would call, nephilims. We are half angel and half demon beings. We were all separated at birth, except for Cascade; she stayed with our parents, who got turned into humans as a punishment for being together." Well, I have heard of the term nephilim before in a video game, but I didn't think they were real, much less that I was one.

Castle looked at him and said, "You all seem like a good team, and a good family. I welcome you to come whenever you like, but since the Raith are after Cascade, she will have to stay here for a while." Henry stepped forward and said, "Well, we'll stay to look after her as well." Tristan said, "Very well, but we only have four spare rooms, so..." I said, "I'll go ahead and sleep on the couch. I don't mind."

Drake looked at me and said, "No, you can take my room, I'll take the couch." His brothers

looked at him in shock. "No Drake, it's fine, besides, it's your room." I said. "No really, I insist." He argued. "Like I said, it's fine." I argued back. Aaron came up to me and said, "Um, Cascade, how about we head to my lab, I want to talk to you about something."

----------------------------------------

Yeah. The guys that kidnapped Cascade are her brothers. And the term "Nephilim" I had first heard from the newer DMC (Devil May Cry) game that I had started playing awhile ago. So, what could Cascade be hiding? Even better, what could Henry be hiding?