Chapter 16

D

I sighed. It wasn't even 5 o'clock and I was already starting to get hungry. I opened the door and looked out to see if there was anyone out there. Seeing nobody, I quickly went to the kitchen to get some... food. When I got there, I saw some guy wearing a grey and purple suit. Remembering what Cascade said, I took the paper she gave me and read it. It said, "Silver Robin." She also said that it might have been his name. I looked at him and said, "Hey, you shouldn't be here."

He turned around and looked down at me. He said, "Well, I apologise, but I need to find someone." I scoffed and said, "Well, you're not going to find them in here." He chuckled and said, "I already found that out- what are you holding?" I looked at the paper,and said, "Just some notes." He looked at me and took the paper from my hands. He looked at it and laughed sinisterly. Suddenly, the paper burned and Silver said, "Well, you must know the person I am looking for, because I gave that paper only to her."

Suddenly, my head hurt. It felt like someone had smashed a bowling ball into it. I dropped down to my knees due to the pain. Silver walked over to me and said, "That's strange. I didn't even do a single thing." That when I realized that this is what happens when I don't eat what I need to for a long while. I felt my canines elongate, and that when I realized: I need to have blood soon.

C

I was woken up by Aaron for some odd reason. I looked at him and said, "What is it?" Wait a minute. I can speak properly! Aaron looked shocked, but then shook his head and said, "Nevermind, we need to get you to another place, apparently someone is here mainly for you." I thought for a moment about who would be here for me specifically. Then, I remembered what Silver had said. I nodded and said, "Okay, let's go." We walked out of the lab and towards the kitchen when we heard talking.

Aaron stopped me and looked in there. After a moment, he grabbed my wrist and started running, dragging me behind. I looked at him and said, "What is it?" He said, "I'll tell you when we find a place to hide you." I started feeling bad for the brothers now. I mean, they wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for me. We ran by a window and I saw that it was nighttime. Man, time flies. We stopped at a door. Aaron opened it and motioned for me to go inside.

I stepped in and saw that there were stairs, meaning that there was a basement here. I don't like basements. Hesitantly, I started walking down the stairs. Aaron followed behind quietly. When we got to the bottom, it was really dark. Aaron turned on the light and I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw shelves filled with books, many stones, charms, symbols, and herbs, and other things you would typically find when someone is studying witchcraft.

I looked back at Aaron and said, "You study witchcraft?" He nodded and said, "Well, when I learned about Drake being part of something supernatural, I knew that I had to study something with the supernatural. Witchcraft is the closest thing to science that can tell me how to cure him." I nodded and said, "Have you tested the witchcraft out?" He shook his head and said, "Not really, it's kind of hard to pronounce some of the words." I grabbed a book on simple spells, looked inside, and said, "Well, most of these 'words' are latin based, for example,"

I showed him the book and said, "The word light in latin, or for witchcraft, would be 'luminat'" Suddenly, a nearby candle lit itself. We jumped. We looked at each other and I said, "I didn't expect that to happen." He nodded and said, "Well, maybe because you're a supernatural being, you lit the candle using the spell." I shook my head and said, "But I'm a nephilim, not a witch. There's no way that happened because of me."

Suddenly, I saw a flash. When it disappeared, all I saw was neon colors. Everything was neon green, except for Aaron, who was a lilac colored fuzz. I looked down at my hands and saw neon yellow. I saw the flash again and everything was back to normal. I then passed out.

A

Cascade was acting weird, like she was in a place she didn't know. Then she passed out. After that had happened, I placed a pillow under her head. Then, I heard someone knocking on the door. I went up stairs and opened the door. Standing there was Luke and Max. Once I opened the door, they ran inside. I looked at them and said, "Be quiet. Cascade passed out due to something happening to her." We all walked back down and look at Cascade. Luke walked up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

After a few minutes, he stood up and said, "She just recently gained her powers, but the only way for that to happen is by doing an act of using her power without realizing it. That's how my brothers and I got our powers, and they are very different. What was she doing before this happened?" I looked at the candle and said, "Well, I was telling her about how I was studying witchcraft but couldn't pronounce the words right. She used a lighting spell to demonstrate what certain things mean and she lit that candle."

Luke looked over at the candle, then back at me, and said, "What was the spell?" I said, "Luminat." Then another candle lit up. Luke looked at me and said, "You're wiccan. When you were standing next to her, Cascade must have used some of your powers and it triggered her powers as well." I nodded and said, "Well, when you guys gained your powers, did you pass out?" Luke nodded and said, "That's usually the sign that we are starting to gain our powers. After about two hours we wake up with at least three new powers."

"The first one is always the same. We have the ability to see if someone is human or a supernatural being willingly. That's how I found out that you're wiccan. In that sight, you don't look like you. You look like a lilac colored humanoid shape." I thought for a moment and said, "For you, wouldn't that be your sixth sense or second eye?" Luke nodded his head and said, "I would believe so. The second and third power will vary from anything. Since Cascade used your powers, I am guessing that she has the ability to channel the powers of another supernatural being."

I nodded, then said, "Wait, what are you guys doing here anyways?" Max stepped forward and said, "After that guy had left us, we knew that we needed a place to hide and I remembered that this basement was here." Suddenly, there was a thud, then the sound of the door being broken down. I went to get Cascade, but she was nowhere to be seen. The pillow she was using was still there, but no Cascade. Thinking that she must have hid somewhere, the three of us hid as well.

----------------------------------

Cascade has powers now!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!