Chapter 14

Just as I said that, the lab door opened and Aaron said, "Okay, Cascade's awake now, but she can't talk yet." Fang and I walked into the room and saw Cascade looking at us. She smiled and waved. Fang was the first to run up to her and give her a hug. I sat next to the table and noticed that there was a phone next to her. After Fang sat down, I asked, "So, are you feeling okay?" She nodded and grabbed the phone. She typed something on it and then placed it back down.

Then, both Fang and I got a message on our phones. I looked at it and read:

I am feeling fine, other than not being able to talk. My throat hurts too much to talk. Are you feeling okay?

I nodded and Fang said, "Dude, I just found out you were hurt, it's now that I'm worrying." Cascade looked at her suspiciously and typed a message on the phone. Fang looked at the message and said, "Bro, your birthday is June 9th, why did you ask me that?" Cascade relaxed and sent her another message. Fang looked at it and read it for a while. As she was reading her message, Cascade had sent a message to me. It read:

So Drake, how are you feeling? You never said.

I looked up at her and said, "I will admit, I'm a little worried about you. So, what did Beatrice do to you?" She frowned, then texted, "Is Beatrice the person that choked me?" I nodded, then she texted, "Oh, okay. So what happened is that I heard a scream so Luke and I went to a room where we found 'Fang' and Delta hiding from some guy in a silver suit. I threw a rock at him, which gave 'Fang' and Delta time to get out of the room. After an argument with the guy in the suit, he disappeared and left a piece of paper. I walked back to the lab and noticed that 'Fang' was upset. Fang never gets upset, so I had her come with me. Once we were alone, she pinned me to a wall and started choking me."

I nodded, as it made sense to me now, except for one thing. I looked up at her and said, "Why did she choke you?" She shrugged and texted, "She never said a lot to me." I nodded. Then, I remembered that I still had her necklace. I took it out of my pocket and said, "Hey, I found this after your brothers kidnapped you, here." I placed it in her hand and looked up at her. Cascade looked at it and smiled as she put the necklace back on. She texted, "Thank you. :)." Then, to my right, there was a bright flash.

F

I forgot to turn the flash off. Oops. As soon as that happened, I RAN OUT OF THE ROOM.

L

Again, I was walking around by Aaron's lab when I saw Cascade's friend run out of the lab. I walked in there and said, "Is Cascade's friend okay?" Then I saw Cascade on what looked like a hospital bed and that Drake guy next to her. Since I thought that he did something to hurt her, my anger took over. I walked up to him and said, "What did you do to her?" Aaron came by and said, "Drake didn't do anything to her, it was someone else." I looked at Cascade and said, "Is that true?" She nodded.

I calmed down after that, so I sat down and asked, "What happened?" She lifted her chin up and I saw that her neck was bruised. I guessed that her vocal chords were damaged so I said, "I'm guessing that you are unable to talk, right?" Cascade nodded. Then I saw the snake that she was holding earlier slither up next to her and curl up beside her. Remembering that her friend ran out of here, I looked up at Cascade and asked, "So, what's up with your friend? I saw her running out of here." Cascade pulled out a phone, typed on it, then handed it to me. I looked at it and read, "Fang was just being Fang, as usual :)"

I nodded and returned the phone. Then, someone knocked on the door. Aaron called out, "Come in." I looked over and saw Max. He looked around and asked, "Have you guy seen Luke? We agreed to hang out sometime today." Did we say today? I honestly don't remember. I stood up and said, "I'll be right out." Max nodded and exited the room closing the door behind him. I looked at Cascade and said, "Sorry that I have to leave." She typed on the phone, "It's okay, have fun."

Max

Why do I have these weird feelings around Cascade's brother? I mean, I have told Aaron that I'm gay, but why are these feelings only around Luke? I am so confused. I was pacing in front of the lab door thinking about this when it opened to reveal Luke. I stopped and said, "Hey." He looked at me and said, "Hey. So, what are we gonna do?" I thought for a moment, then smiled. I looked at him and said, "I know a few pranks we can pull." He smiled and said, "As do I."

D

I wonder what all that was about. I looked back at Cascade and said, "So, how often do you get into trouble?" She smiled and texted, "Every chance I get >:)." I chuckled and said, "Is that true?" SHe shook her head and texted, "Not really, but I used to get in trouble all the time because of stupid things, like not doing my chores." Then Aaron came up and said, "Well, I think Cascade needs to get some rest and maybe later she will be able to talk." I nodded and said, "Well, I better get back to doing what I was doing, so I'll see you tomorrow, Cascade." She nodded and laid down.

As I walked out the room, I felt a bucket of water fall on my head. As I felt my anger come up, I also felt panic. I threw the bucket off and continued onward to my room. I locked the door and waited.

---------------------------------------

Yup, everything is starting to be alright, for now... And yes, Max and Luke are gay, deal with it.