Chapter 9

H

I was just walking around when I heard Jarrod say, "Okay, are you friends now?" I then walked to where Jarrod was and saw Cascade and Drake sitting in a closet looking at everybody with red faces. I helped Cascade up, then helped Drake up and said, "Okay, who chose to put Cascade and Drake in the closet and why?"

Almost willingly, Fang and Max raised their hands. Fang then said, "Because they didn't LIKE EACH OTHER!!!!!!" Drake and Cascade looked at her and Cascade said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, who says that we didn't like each other? I never admitted that I like Drake." When she realized what she said, she covered her mouth and ran right out of the room. I looked at Jarrod, who was trying not to laugh.

I sighed as I held the bridge of my nose and shook my head. I looked up and said, "I'm going to go look for her, if anyone wants to come with me, then you can." I just walked away in search of Cascade. I sensed her being on the roof, so I went outside. Next to the door, there was a ladder, so I tried my best to climb it since I didn't want to take off the sling yet.

It took me a while, but I made it to the top where I saw Cascade sitting in thought. At least, that's what it looked like to me. I walked over to her and sat next to her. She looked up at me and said, "Oh, it's just you. I thought you were Drake coming to make fun of me for not liking him." I wrapped my arm around her and said, "I don't think he would do that to you, and you ended up telling him your feelings about him, in a way."

Cascade sighed and said, "I know, I just have this flaw where I just say things I don't mean to say." I looked at her and said, "Hey, it's okay, we all have our flaws, mine is just a bit more obvious." She looked at my sling and said, "Does it have anything to do with your sling?" I looked at my sling and said, "My sling is just hiding my flaw." And with that, I took off my sling.

C

Well, when Henry took off his sling, I suddenly remembered that he was part demon as well. His arm was demonic looking; mostly brown with part of it that was glowing red. I stared at it for a while before he said, "This is my flaw, it shows that I am part demon, so I purchased a sling and kept it hidden for as long as I can remember." I looked at him and said, "That looks really cool." He smirked and said, "At least someone likes it. Most people would just run away after seeing this."

Then I heard someone climbing up the ladder. I threw Henry his sling and said, "Someone's coming up." Henry quickly put on his sling as a person came up. The person was Tristan. He saw us and said, "Hey, Cascade. Drake's looking for you, he says he's got something important to tell you and he wants to ask you something as well." I thought for a moment before saying, "Can you please tell him that we can talk later?" Tristan shrugged and said, "Okay, will do." Then he climbed back down. I looked up at Henry and said, "Might as well see what Drake has to say."

Time Skip

Henry walked with me to the main room. When we got there, we saw Drake and Henry just ditched me. I looked in the direction he ran and thought, well, that was rude. I looked over at Drake, who was watching t.v. I silently walked over to him and sat on the opposite end of the couch. Drake looked over at me and smirked. He went up to the t.v. and put a movie in. He sat back down a little closer to me.

I tried my best not to look at him, so I focused my attention to the t.v. As the previews passed, I saw what movie we were watching. It was Stephen King's It, one of my favorite horror movies. I still have yet to read the book. I relaxed on the couch and smiled. I love horror movies, and I also like to see people get scared. As the movie started, Drake got up and walked in the kitchen. I just shrugged and watched the beginning credits.

After a couple minutes, the smell of butter hit my nose. I turned and saw Drake coming back with a bowl of popcorn. He sat next to me and asked, "Would you like some?" I nodded and said, "Sure, thanks." And grabbed a handful. During the third flashback in the movie, my favorite line came up. At the same time as the movie, Drake and I both said, "Hi yo, silver. Away!" We looked at each other and laughed.

Max came in, saw what was on, and ran out of the room yelling, "NOPE, I'M OUT!!!!" Drake and I laughed at him. Drake turned to me and said, "Have you seen this movie before?" I nodded my head and said, "It's one of my favorites, I love horror movies. That line we both said is my favorite." Drake looked at me and said, "That's my favorite line, too." Then we both turned our attention back to the movie.

After a while into the movie, we both reached in the bowl for popcorn causing our hands to brush each other. I looked at him shyly before taking my hand out. He smiled and scooted a little closer to me. In shyness, I tried to scoot away from him, but I fell off the couch. Right before I could hit the floor, I felt an arm catch me. I looked up and saw Drake pulling me back onto the couch. He said, "Well, what did you do that for?" I said, "I didn't know that I was that close to the edge of the couch."

We then sat in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, but it was a comfortable silence. Eventually, the first disc of It ended, so Drake got up and switched the discs. I looked in the bowl and saw that it was empty. I got up and said, "I'm gonna go and get some more popcorn." Drake nodded his head and said, "Okay." I went to the kitchen, and then realized I didn't know where what was.

I went back to the living room and said, "I just realized that I haven't been here long enough to know where everything's at." Drake looked at me and laughed. He got up and said, "Come on, I'll show you where we keep the food." He showed me the cupboard that the popcorn was in. I frowned because I was too short to reach it. I looked down and muttered, "Stupid genetics." Drake looked down and asked, "What's wrong?" I looked up at him and said, "Because of my genetics, I am too short to reach that."

Drake shook his head and said, "Why don't you go to the main room, I'll get the popcorn ready." I smiled and said, "Alright." I walked back to the main room and sat on the couch. I looked around for something to do while I waited, and I spotted my bag next to the t.v. I got up and grabbed my sketchbook and bag pencils out of it. I sat back down and continued working on a drawing I left off at. It was a drawing of a broken heart being sewn together. I was so focused on my work that I forgot about the movie.

I felt the area on the couch next to me shift and a voice say, "Wow, you're a really good artist." I looked over and saw Drake. I blushed and closed the sketchbook. I looked at him and said, "Thanks. Shall we continue our movie?" Drake chuckled and said, "Sure." And played the movie. We started cuddling and eventually, I fell asleep.

--------------------------------------

I could just see someone throwing up from all the mushiness near the end. So, what do you think of Henry's "flaw"?