Chapter 18

And he doesn't pay attention well. I had already untied myself from the ropes. Luke saw this and said, "Well, just because she stood up to you, doesn't mean that she's important." Silver smiled and said, "Ah, but that's where you're wrong. She has the ability to teleport." Luke said, "Actually, she just turned invisible." I suddenly knew that that was my other ability. Silver looked at me and said, "Show me." I willed myself to be invisible, and, oddly enough, it worked. Moving carefully and quickly, I got up and untied the others from the chairs. I sat back down and turned visible again, acting like I never moved at all.

Silver nodded and said, "Very interesting. But, if you turned invisible earlier, then why was there a cloud then and not now?" I thought for a moment and said, "I just happened to have a pocket full of dirt and decided to make an exit." I looked at Drake for a moment in worry. I saw that he was trying to get up when Silver grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. After he did that, Drake pushed him aside. Silver, who was now on the ground, got up and tackled Drake. As they started fighting, the rest of us got up and started going upstairs.

I stayed behind to make sure Silver didn't do anything to Drake. I turned invisible and stood in the room. As they stopped fighting, I placed my hand on Drake's shoulder and made him disappear. I pulled him away from Silver and took us into the stairwell. Drake was about to say something, so I place my hand on his mouth and shushed him. I heard Silver move around, then say, "Where did you go?" I made us reappear and whispered, "We need to get out without him hearing us." He nodded. I moved my hand as he whispered, "I have an idea, but I'm not sure if you would be able to keep up."

I shrugged and whispered, "Whatever would work, just do what you have to." Drake nodded and said, "Okay, I'm gonna need you to get on my back." I was about to ask why, but then I remembered that he was part vampire. I did what he asked, then he said, "Now, you need to hold your breath." I did and a few seconds later, we were in the main room. I hopped onto the floor when my four brothers came in. Henry walked up to me and said, "Luke told us everything, are you okay?" I nodded when Silver popped in.

Alex saw him and said, "Get behind us, Cascade." I really had no choice since all four of them stood in front of me. Drake stayed next to me for some odd reason. Silver looked at my brothers, laughed, and said, "Well, I see that I won't be getting you as easily as I thought. See you later, dove." He then proceeded to disappear in a dark cloud.