A Short Dinner

L U C A S

Going to some dinner with Maya and some ex was not my plan at all. In fact I was planning to pull a Riley Matthews and plan some big thing to have Maya fall for me but now I'll let things be the way they are.

I can't believe I'm going to this stupid dinner anyway and I'm doing it with out being blackmailed or anything. What is happening? I guess the saying is true, people change people.

"Ready?" I ask Maya who has been in the bathroom for the past hour.

She must really want to impress this Josh guy. I wonder if she still has feelings for him.

"Ready, I think. How do I look?" Maya says walking out of bathroom.

She had her hair straighten and was wearing a simple black dress. She was dressing a lot more mature then she usually does which was nice for a lack of a better word.

"You look good." I replied with a little smirk.

"Thanks, huckleberry." Maya said.

"Let's go."

***

"Hello, Lucas." Josh said looking straight into my emerald eyes.

"Josh." I replied.

"Hey, Joshua." Maya said trying to get attention on her.

"Hey Mira-" Josh said before being interrupted by Maya.

"You better not call me Miranda
again or I swear I will get my butter sock. It's Maya! You know that!" Maya yelled in his face.

But she wasn't done there.

"And you know what? You probably can't remember me because of how many girls you date in a week and when I called Janel number fifty two it was a understatement. She was probably number five hundred!" Maya continues.

Wow, I never knew mixing up a name can get this heated.

"I was going to make you jealous today but now it doesn't matter! Goodbye, Jake." Maya yelled as she grabbed my hand and walked out.

"Jake isn't even close to Josh." Josh yelled back.

"I don't care, James." Maya yelled back.

She practically shoved me in the car and then got in herself. She drove until she reached our apartment. Then stomped in the apartment building and I struggled to follow.

For a short person she can walk fast.

Once I catches up to her she was already in her side of the apartment and sitting on the floor.

"Maya what was that all about." I asked as calmly as I could.

"Well the whole Miranda thing just pulled the last straw. He used to forget my name all the time, I used to think he was joking. He wasn't. Remember when what I was talking about in the closet with you about the time when I first meet you." Maya said.

"Yeah."

"Well there has been plenty of people who treated me badly but Josh was the top of the list. When I met you it pulled the last straw and I broke up with him. Years later he found a way into my life again." Maya says.

"Is this about the cheating thing on the tabloids a few years ago?" I ask.

Josh is a jerk.

"Yep, I don't know how they found out but they did. Its like you trust people then they let you down for no reason." Maya says with a little tear coming from her eye.

"I'm sorry, Maya." I said.

I sit next to Maya and softly put my arm around her.

"What are you sorry for?" Maya asked.

"Plenty of things but mostly that you had your heartbroken by a jerk." I say.

"Well thanks." Maya smiled.

"How about we watch one of your favorite movies with some popcorn?" I ask.

"I'd like that." Maya replies with a little giggle.

***
Hope you liked this chapter please vote and comment! Also thanks for reading my little book. 💝