A hospital visit

M A Y A

My half brother, Sam, texted me. My biological dad's in the hospital from a car crash.

Although half of me was like 'Well, they don't say Karma is a bitch for nothing' and sip some tea. The other half just needed to go check up on him just to make sure he is okay.

I didn't tell Lucas beacuse he would want to come along like the Huckleberry he is and make sure everything is okay. Also if he died Lucas would tell me 'I didn't know him but he probably was a great guy' or the classic 'rest in peace'.

Lucas doesn't know the whole story an I plan to keep it that way. The less he knows the better.

"Thanks for the ride, Sam." I tell my blonde step brother as we walked out of his black SUV.

Sam is the only half sibling that wasn't stuck up and annoying. His sisters, Alice & Olivia are incredible annoying but they're like twelve so they have time to grow out of their 'I'm rich so I can do whatever I want' attitude.

"No problem but are you sure you want to see him? He is pretty damaged." Sam asked me, kindly. I nodded then walked inside the hospital with Sam right next to me.

Once we finally reached the hospital room I saw my step sisters with their mother. "Daddy, please don't die we need your money!" I heard Olivia and Alice plead to my unconscious father.

Aren't they just angels?

"Hey guys, I'm-" I started to say before being interuppted by the wicked witch of the West. "Samuel, why do you invite this excuse for a daughter!" The tall lady with fake blonde hair yelled at my step brother.

I just rolled my eyes and muttered "Nice to see you too, Mother Gothel."

"Beacuse, it's her father too and she deserves to see him too." Sam said trying to defend me. "Please, she hasn't seen him in a couple of years. If she cared about him she would've visited him." My step mother says.

The I couldn't control myself and blurted out "Bitch please, the last time I tried to visit to you threaten to send your lawyers on me! Also he was my father before he was your bed buddy! Oh and that new nose was such a good use of money! You can hardly see the old mole!"

My step mother was speech less and walked out of the room with Alice and Olivia.

"Damn Maya, back at it again with the burns." Sam said making a Damn Daniel reference.

"So how have you been? It has been a while." I ask Sam who was laughing at his own joke. "Well I'm still waiting up till I turn 18 so I can finally leave but other than that nothing has changed, really." He answered, honestly.

"Maya?" Lucas asked walking into the hospital room. "Lucas, what are you doing here?" I say annoyed.

"Oh my god! Your Lucas Friar!" Sam said overly excited. "I'll leave you too alone." He then left the room.

"I'm here to see you and why you left." Lucas explained to me.

"Lucas, that was a very Douchcas move of yours." I tell him. "And since your so curious I'm visiting my father who almost died!"

"Isn't Shawn your father?" Lucas asked, confused.

"He's my step dad, Lucas. This is my biological dad and the guy who just fan girled over you was my brother Sam." I say.

"Oh, why didn't you tell me any of this?" Douchcas asked me like he had a right to know.

You have to be kidding me! If I wanted to keep this to myself I will! I'm a fierce amazon warrior I don't need a Douchcas in my life who is going to demands to know everything. This might be the end of us.

"You know what? You need to leave. I don't need a Douchcas in my life. If I wanted a asshole as a boyfriend I would have stayed with Josh! How about we break up so you and Josh get together! You both are perfect for each other! I ship it! Joshcas is endgame!" I yelled at him.

Did I literally just created a ship for Josh and Lucas?

"Just call me, later. The last thing I want is to get kicked out of a hospital." Lucas said walking out on me.

We fought just like parents.

14 years ago. Maya is 5 years old.

"I saw you looking at that guy!" My dad yelled at my mother as she unloaded the dishes.

"He's my cousin. Jesus Kermit, maybe if you stopped drinking you realize how ridiculous you sound." My mom as she answers rolled her eyes.

I tried to ignore them. I played with the Barbie my aunt got me.

My dad comes over to me and grabs the Barbie out of my hands and yelled to my mom "Did your precious cousin give Maya a new toy? So when's the wedding?"

"Kermit, your sister gave Maya that. Don't you remember? Oh wait you were drinking that day so you wouldn't." My mom yelled as my dad dropped my Barbie to the floor.

"You know what? I don't need this." He said storming out the door.

"Mommy, is dad every going to come back?" I ask my mom.

"Don't worry Maya, he always comes back." My mom assured me.

He never came back.

(End of flashback.)

I can't let that happen to me. I will not let my future turn out exactly like my mother's and have my future daughter go threw that.

That's it, I can never see Lucas again. I'll just have to quit the Nicholas Sparks project. It's not worth it. I'm done fake dating with Lucas.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

This may or may not be the end of Lucaya for a while until Match Maker Matthews comes into the picture. Do you really think she would let these two breakup.

Also I forgot to tell you guys Maya and Lucas's ages. Lucas is 21 and Maya is 19 almost 20. She will have a birthday chapter very soon.

Please vote and comment your opinions or theories. Also we hit 1k! Thank you so much I never even thought this book would hit a hundred reads! Anyway thanks for reading! 💗