Work party

Another day in the office.

"Kylie I need you to come with me to my meeting this afternoon." He informed me while walking fast to his office.

I trailed slightly behind him, "okay Mr. Carter. Anything I need to bring?"

"Just yourself will do." He opened his office door and shut it in my face causing me to stop abruptly. Alright good talk.

Mila looked up at me and smiled with a sarcastic tone, "that was special."

"Wasn't it?" I smiled back. "He's such a gem sometimes."

She chuckled, "oh hey I almost forgot! So there is this work party tonight and you should come."

I thought for a moment looking down at my hands, "I have to work tonight."

"Work tonight?" She asked confused.

"Yeah I have another job."

"Damn. Well can't you take a night off? Please! Pretty please." She begged with puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh, fine. I'll text my co-worker Ashley. She is not going to be happy though." I responded to her pleas.

"Yes! Okay can I come over before and we can get ready together?!" She asked excitedly.

I was unsure because I don't like people seeing where I live. I kept saying don't do it in my mind.

"Sure thing." I smiled. Idiot.

I texted Ashley.

Please don't hate me, but I need off tonight. <3

She texted back instantly.

Ugh!!! Why bitch

I slightly chuckled and responded.

Got invited to a work party.

She answered just as quick as the first time.

Finally going to bang the boss? ;)

I answered sarcastically.

Sure Ashley. Sure.

She answered.

Asshole. Have fun. But not too much fun ;)

I decided on not responding to her.

---------------------

"Ready to go?" Mr. Carter stood in my office doorway.

"Let's go." I started following him to the elevator to floor 5.

"During the meeting do not talk. Do you understand?" He said sternly.

I nodded my head saying that I understood. When we walked in there was a huge table surrounded with a bunch of men and women in suit outfits. They all looked very professional. Mr. Holt took a seat near the front and ushered me to sit in the chair next to him.

A women stood at the front and began to speak. You could tell that she favored Mr. Carter. She kept eyeing him while she was speaking. I looked to see his reaction, but he didn't show one. Honestly, I have no idea what she is talking about because I'm too focused on observing.